Commuting from Tunbridge Wells to London Bridge

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Re: Commuting from Tunbridge Wells to London Bridge

Post by mystery »

Ah thanks. So it sounds like travelling home to both Sevenoaks and Tunbridge Wells from London Bridge is not that great .... dare I ask is there more chance of a seat in first class for the return journey? What additional percentage does it add to the already horrendous season ticket price?
doodles

Post by doodles »

I would think it unlikely to be worth the money. Did you look into the coach? It's the way to go!
mother night

Post by mother night »

I think first class ensures a seat as a part of the deal, it adds about £1800 or so on to the price- TW to London terminals no tube. To be honest I don't often have to stand and expect to sit on the vast majority of journeys- you learn some sad things such as where the doors open and which carriage has optimal seat availability; I do sometimes ponder that my life might have been richer not knowing these things!
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Oh the joys of commuting into London on South Eastern trains! Thankfully I only do it twice a week and now the weather has picked up I cycle in. Quicker door to door and more reliable (apart from punctures last week :cry: )
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now