Kent test September 2014 takers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
themadcatlady

Re: Kent test September 2014 takers

Post by themadcatlady »

Hello

I'm a newbie and will be grateful for the advice I can get!

I've been doing Bond assessment books for the last year or so as prep for getting into routine of doing exam prep and am for now continuing to do so with all four areas until we find out more about what tests they'll be facing in Sept 2014!

:)
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Hello Madcatlady,

Sorry - only just seen your message. Welcome! Your plan seems like a good one til we know what beast we're grappling with :wink:

I think we find out sometime in October (don't we?) what they will be testing for. I've been thinking about this moment for years, and now I feel so unprepared!!
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
themadcatlady

Post by themadcatlady »

Hello and thanks for the welcome :)

Yes I think we find out in October, that seems to be the latest thinking anyhow!

Went to first a secondary school for the first time last week and am not sure whether that really helped my stress levels or not!
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Yes, so did I: Norton Knatchbull. Which one did you go and see?
themadcatlady

Post by themadcatlady »

The Abbey School, our local co ed.

It seems I'm booked up with at least one school visit per week until the end of Oct! Good job I work from home with flexible hours!! Talking of which I should be working, not reading every post going on this forum :lol:
kentmum2011

Post by kentmum2011 »

Fatbananas, we'll be looking at Norton Knatchbull, but we're leaving open days until next year, so guess we're in a similar area.

Themadcatlady, I work from home too and wondering if we do the same thing?
themadcatlady

Post by themadcatlady »

Hi Kentmum2011 maybe we do, I'm a Transcriber how about you?

I'm looking at schools this year by myself, since we possibly fall into the catchment area of three towns, we have lots to consider! Hence I decided I'd visit them now so that we only have a short list of schools to visit next year with my DS. Well that's the plan anyway :)
kentmum2011

Post by kentmum2011 »

Yes, I'm a Transcriber too, small world :-)

It's good to get a feel if you've got lots of schools to choose from. I did the rounds with DD two years ago, (though not Knatchbull, obviously!) and DS isn't keen to travel out of town so realistically we'll probably only be looking at Knatchbull and the high school that DD goes to, though I plan to give them all another look next year.
themadcatlady

Post by themadcatlady »

Small world indeed! :D

Sounds like a good plan, esp as you have recently done the rounds!
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Kentmum2011: We went this year as I was attempting to incentivise DS! He liked it, but was quite intimidated by the size of it. I then panicked, thinking I'd done the wrong thing (we went to the open afternoon), but, then DS went again with DH last week to the open evening and, it seems, he's more used to the size and more familiar with it generally, so he's much more positive about it now. I think it all feels quite far off for him still, so it's trying to motivate him on a day-to-day level that is more challenging :roll: :wink:

How about you? Have you started any prep work with your DS
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now