Kent test September 2014 takers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mystery

Re: Kent test September 2014 takers

Post by mystery »

Ah thank you. Also wiki ed it. 44 out of 84 seats are conservative. That is a very narrow majority. Perhaps some decisions / decision- making are not as clear cut as before?
mystery

Post by mystery »

Are any 2014 takers doing anything this holiday? Are you plumping for cem type prep or gl assessment type prep if you are doing anything?
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Just back from holiday.....but might leave it until Sept. Think will carry on with gl for the moment but add a bit of comprehension. DD is writing daily letters to David Walliams and the like so will class that as prep. Look out for us named as stalkers in the papers.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

DS has done 1 maths paper a week (alternately Bond 9-10 and S&S book 3) this holiday. Will probably also introduce some comprehension tasks come September when I'm more organised.

Lord only knows about VR/ NVR. What are other people going to do with the reasoning side of things? Bond/ CEM?
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
mystery

Post by mystery »

scarlett wrote:Just back from holiday.....but might leave it until Sept. Think will carry on with gl for the moment but add a bit of comprehension. DD is writing daily letters to David Walliams and the like so will class that as prep. Look out for us named as stalkers in the papers.
:lol: does he write back? Does she have a crush on him?

I have let the uncertainty be a reason in my head not to get on with it. Deep down I suspect that doing the gl papers would still be useful as long as on the vr you cut out the code and algebra type questions and added in some comprehension and more advanced vocabulary. But I am burying my head in the sand.

Just read something on the c e m website ( the real cem website, not one for parents preparing) and it says it takes them two to three years to develop a new testing system. So bucks and bexley can't, be getting anything startlingly different from stuff they have already done in all their other assessment work.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

So, will we know who the new provider is in 12/13 days?! :roll: I've thought I'd start on maths and comprehension from 9th September and just hope they announce soon whether or not vr/ nvr will be included. Or do we know that will be included? :?
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Bananas...I've noted recently you have become part of the Kent gang....is there something you're not telling us?!!! Or did I miss news of a move :D
mystery

Post by mystery »

Contract award date isn't that soon - late October from memory. Both gl assessment use nvr so I think that it must be in there. Have you looked at the bexley practice paper by cem - take the link from the bexley forum. Worth printing it I think.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

scarlett wrote:Bananas...I've noted recently you have become part of the Kent gang....is there something you're not telling us?!!! Or did I miss news of a move :D
Yes, I'm now a Kentish lass :D

I thought contract date was 13th September - or was that just when tenders had to be in? Good point about NVR being in both GL and CEM. Must look at that....
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes that was tenders in. Have you seen the bexley practice paper. It is unique. The one and only cem practice paper on public view.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now