Kent test September 2014 takers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MJMoore

Re: Kent test September 2014 takers

Post by MJMoore »

We're officially registered too, but my daughter is still not keen to do the work. My eldest worked hard for her 11+, and is continuing to work hard in her Grammar, so this is new territory for me!
mystery

Post by mystery »

Our family suffers from reluctant children syndrome. It's horrid. Here it's not just 11plus matters that are affected. If there's a good career for obstinate people they will be at the top of the tree.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

How is everyone getting on? DS's marks seem reasonable, but he has to speed up. Will he do it in time? :?
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
FortyNinePence

Post by FortyNinePence »

De lurking!

First time for us, DS is registered. Some good weeks, some not so good. Not a problem with finishing in time, more a problem with slowing down and not making silly mistakes.

English comprehension is his weakest area, but he's improving. Can't believe it's only a few months away. :o
mystery

Post by mystery »

What are you all doing right now?

I'm feeling like we've taken too many weeks off this year and I'm trying to see now how we can get through all the GL assessment familiarisation papers in Maths, English, VR and NVR and practise all the weaknesses this shows up between now and the test. We've done some of them. 32 papers feels like a lot.

Also, has your school told you how they will be administering the tests? e.g. whether children will get lunch before the written task or not?
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Yes, I think I've been thinking, I'll wait to see the familiarisation materials before I focus too much on whole papers ... But we have had no familiarisation materials :( Am I going mad(be kind), or did someone say, after some communication with Kcc, that we would get SOME idea about questions on the website by the end of June? Well, it's nearly the end of June .... Wonder if UncleBob will have any further info :)
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Hi all
Now we are in the summer holidays what are others doing in terms of prep with their DCs :)

A daily hour.., more or less?

Cheers
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

We seem to have hit a block here! Dd was doing well but last few GL test papers she's barely hit 60%, Am starting to think maybe it's not meant to happen, I guess time will tell. She has hit level 5C for all areas at school so teachers seem to think she's capable however with these scores of late I'm not so sure. We have eased off a bit tbh, she has done 1 VR, NVR, Maths & English test paper in the last week but that's it.
penguin

Post by penguin »

Thread, re-ignite!!!
mystery

Post by mystery »

Really not sure how best to prepare for this mystery test so I am thinking of buying a pet. If it snuffs it in time at least we would have grounds for appeal thus perhaps increasing our current chances.