Kent test September 2014 takers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scarlett

Re: Kent test September 2014 takers

Post by scarlett »

fatbananas wrote: Yes, I'm now a Kentish lass :D ...

Welcome to Kent! You're now officially one of the most beautiful, intelligent and charming ladies in the country :P shall reply to your pm in a mo....stand by!
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

scarlett wrote:
fatbananas wrote: Yes, I'm now a Kentish lass :D ...

Welcome to Kent! You're now officially one of the most beautiful, intelligent and charming ladies in the country :P
At last! I knew it was just a matter of time.
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Welcome to the garden!
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

Well our son starts yr 5 this week..... so its time for Sunday lessons with Dad... BUT what books??? If the test is changing, and we all believe it is.... and Judd are going ahead with their own test... what are we supposed to do??

My DD books she used are well used and annotated so I have today re bought the brilliant "How To Do 11+" Bond ones and suppose will go with those for now...
mystery

Post by mystery »

We are supposed to do nothing!
DaddyOh

Post by DaddyOh »

Hi E2K

I'd go ahead with the Math's (anything that's in KS2) there isn't a test I've heard of that doesn't have a large Math's component. For English I'd recommend concentrating on extending DC's vocabulary, that helps in VR if they go that way and also in comprehension and cloze if they go that way.

Everything else is still up for grabs so I'd wait until the announcement in a few months (if KCC ever get their act together) before starting anything more specific.

I always think a good grounding in Math's and English is never wasted whatever school your DC goes on to so it's worth doing whatever happens with the test anyway!

Good luck

DaddyOh
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

DaddyOh wrote:Hi E2K

I'd go ahead with the Math's (anything that's in KS2) there isn't a test I've heard of that doesn't have a large Math's component. For English I'd recommend concentrating on extending DC's vocabulary, that helps in VR if they go that way and also in comprehension and cloze if they go that way.

Everything else is still up for grabs so I'd wait until the announcement in a few months (if KCC ever get their act together) before starting anything more specific.

I always think a good grounding in Math's and English is never wasted whatever school your DC goes on to so it's worth doing whatever happens with the test anyway!

Good luck

DaddyOh
Many thanks. We have been doing some extra English anyway as the school has been using Schofield Englaish MA type books but thats great advice.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Crikey - MA level already?
CoffeeCup

Post by CoffeeCup »

marking my place in the Sep 2014 takers thread :)
kentmum2011

Post by kentmum2011 »

DS is sticking with the Bond books we had from DD for now, plus as much reading as possible.

He's doing CAT tests this week, which should highlight any areas for focus, then we'll gut stuck in a bit more once we know what the format is.

We'll be DIYing again but luckily for me his levels at the end of last year were very good and he's keen to learn and practice (for now!) so shouldn't be too stressful a year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now