St olaves appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
3boys24

St olaves appeals

Post by 3boys24 »

Does anyone know when st olaves grammar school appeals are being heard this year 2013 ?
twellsmum

Re: St olaves appeals

Post by twellsmum »

I couldn't see anything on their website. I was wondering that too seeing as judd are apparently not taking any appeals this year a few places might open up at judd if people are successful with st olave appeals. Anyone know?
3boys24

Post by 3boys24 »

St Olaves don't seem to give any clues away but desperate for some movement around Kent and know that St O's could be only chance . Is it definite that Judd have not upheld any this year ? That's what taking an extra form does . What a year !
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

I don't know for definite about judd - it's just a rumour I heard. Skinners appeals are this week, with decisions on 31 may. There are 20 appeals to skinners. However, they too let in 30 (and perhaps even more as they usually have 115 but istr from their website it says they have let in 150 this year and if none are off to judd then I cannot see they will have any room). Where r u hoping for?
3boys24

Post by 3boys24 »

We're hoping for dartford grammar and are 2nd on waiting list so need some movement somewhere . Had our appeal last week will hear by next Tuesday but as so high on list would love not to rely on appeal . Already have older son there not that it makes any difference . Just a waiting game
mystery

Post by mystery »

What is your rumour about Judd, Tunbridgewells Mum? The school can't decide not to let people appeal. And the panel can't start out with a foregone conclusion that they are definitely not going to let anyone in to the school on appeal. So what's the rumour exactly?

Of course if the school has already squeezed in an extra class, and if this is a big push on current physical resources, then it might mean that getting in on appeal this year is extremely unlikely if the school convinces the panel with an extremely good case not to let even one more body in, but it doesn't mean it is an absolute and complete no no.
3boys24

Post by 3boys24 »

Apparently heard today St Olaves appeals are not till next month don't know when or how many. Are they known to be so cagey with information most other schools advertise it all on websites ? Not very helpful at all!!!
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I haven't been able to find out where DS is on the St O's waiting list nor how he did in the test, so yes, they're not very forth coming with information. I was told to speak to the LEA who said to speak to the school :? I gave up in the end. DS is going to Dartford which we loved - St O's is just easier for DS to get to and was our first choice.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

Hi mystery, have answered your question re judd appeal on the judd appeals topic.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now