11th September verbal and non verbal - changes

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Re: 11th September verbal and non verbal - changes

Post by mystery »

Dande wrote:Yeah, I've drilled my DC this evening - and there was nothing in the paper that they had not already tried before.

The mind boggles.... Roll on results day!
Those of you that say there were no surprises, what books and papers had you used for preparation? And had you ignored the advice on this site to avoid certain vr question types in kent?
Dande

Post by Dande »

We just used the GL papers (and I don't thing we had the 3 & 4 packs). Also the Letts multiple choice papers (VR packs of 4).

My DC really hates the code breakers where there are 4 words with only 3 number codes - and you have to work out which code goes with which word, and which word is missing a code, and what that code is.

That was in the paper - but because she really hates it, we'd practised and practised and practised.
TestingTimes

Post by TestingTimes »

DS has done lots of different VR practice at school but he says everything that came up in the test was covered in the IPS book and the GL pack 1 and 2 papers.

I mentioned the HIKNOS questions because DS is sure that 4 of them did turn up this year, and I'm wondering if it's the children that haven't practiced these question types that are saying there were new and unpracticed sections in this year's test.

The code breakers mentioned above are question type N so it looks like DS was right and some of the HIKNOS questions were included this year.
Bobmumof3

Post by Bobmumof3 »

A real variety to be honest.

GL papers
Athey Educational
IPS
11pluspapers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now