Essex to Dartford. Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shasha

Essex to Dartford. Schools

Post by shasha »

Please anyone with a DC from Havering attending Dartford schools. Just want to see if :?: :idea: it is a possible option for my DS. Many thanks
erialc1972

Re: Essex to Dartford. Schools

Post by erialc1972 »

I don't have a child doing this but live fairly close to Dartford. I honestly think the Dartford crossing and the traffic the other side would make it a nightmare proposition. The journey could easily take hours each way. Every day!
success2010

Post by success2010 »

Dear Sasha

My son attends one of the Dartford Grammars and we live in Romford, not impossible, he gets to school on time every day. Some children go from Dagenham too. :D
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

success2010 wrote:Dear Sasha

My son attends one of the Dartford Grammars and we live in Romford, not impossible, he gets to school on time every day. Some children go from Dagenham too. :D
:shock:

Does he do the journey by public transport, or do you particularly like the view from the bridge? Either way I am impressed that he always gets there on time - one of the LSAs at DS2's primary school (admittedly a wee bit further along to the east than Romford) used to come in from Kent and was always phoning in to say that he was stuck in traffic etc.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
christmasbonus

Post by christmasbonus »

There have been some real horror stories from the Bridge recently. Definitely not for the faint-hearted (or those relying on public transport). Not a great distance on paper but in practice...
shasha

Post by shasha »

[quote="success2010"]Dear Sasha

My son attends one of the Dartford Grammars and we live in Romford, not impossible, he gets to school on time every day. Some children go from Dagenham too. :D[/quote

Thanks for your reply. Will you please advise whether they use public transport or get driven.my ds loved dartford grammar school. Does your son use public transport
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

Hi,

It is not impossible as where there is a will, there is a way. In boys GS, some parents in Essex have arranged car sharing and I know some that jointly rented a bus for their children from Essex into Dartford. You are not alone. All the best.
erialc1972

Post by erialc1972 »

Crikey, hats off to those who do it! I have to psych myself for about a month to make the trip across the water to Ikea! :D
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

erialc1972 wrote:Crikey, hats off to those who do it! I have to psych myself for about a month to make the trip across the water to Ikea! :D
For us, Bluewater, ditto :lol: Doesn't seem to bad going, but coming back I always seem to find myself stuck in the wrong lane at a crucial roundabout, hemmed in by huge lorries.

Come to think about it, when I used to have to go to Dartford occasionally, all I can remember is the number of times it seemed possible to go round the roundabouts before finding the right exit...

But back on-topic, I'm sure Dartford Grammar is a great school, and good luck to the OP if that's what they want :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
dream mum

Post by dream mum »

If you get a score of 403 at kent is ok for a grammar school place :?:SOMEONE KNOW SOMETHING :idea: :idea: :idea:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now