Judd Open Days

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bobmumof3

Re: Judd Open Days

Post by Bobmumof3 »

I loved it!
In fact I felt more at home there than St Olaves. A cat amoungst the pigeons!!
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Anything in particular stand out?

Just started talking to ds2 about options, though don't want to say too much to him before results are out. It seems that food is very important, and he would prefer not to have to do French.
Bobmumof3

Post by Bobmumof3 »

It was the way the staff were with the students and children looking round. Very natural, welcoming and caring.
You could tell it was a real family, just lovely :D
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I know that I'm taking a risk but not going yet, but I'm glad I haven't. Would hate to fall in love with somewhere and then find out we're below the score needed...
Bobmumof3

Post by Bobmumof3 »

Not long until we find out!
I can't get the time off work so it was now or never. I'm glad I went as if he gets a high score I will put it down.
I would have been worried to do that if I hadn't actually been.

Getting nervous for results day.....
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Alas, we have 2 more exam days before we get to Kent results! Nearly every week brings a new challenge... We get results on 16th, 18th and 22nd so not much time to investigate options!
whichwaytogo

Post by whichwaytogo »

I went too, and found it great. I thought I would pass on for any parents of boys in current yr 5 that Judd will not be bringing in their own admission test til the year after (and in any case not 100% decided yet). So it would be the "new and improved" 11+ for everyone.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Oh that is interesting. I wonder if they know who has been awarded the contract? All the criticism so far is that a test designed to identify the top 25% isn't one that would identify the top few per cent as accurately.
DaddyOh

Post by DaddyOh »

How did everyone find the Judd open evening last night? Hopefully weren't too put off by my DS not having a clue what he was doing :)

DaddyOh
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now