Kent Results Megalomania

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

babby

Kent Results Megalomania

Post by babby »

Haven't see the answer on the forum but I need to know this. It's bad enough that the schools have had the 11+ scores for 2 weeks but why on earth do KCC only tell you if you have a pass/fail on Wednesday? Why can't they include the scores - it can't be that difficult surely? DD is at one of those "laid back" schools where they are so painful about giving you the actual scores. Last time I received them off the top of a teacher's head ("I think that's what she got" and big smile) in the corridor the following day. Was getting told "I don't know them but I'm sure she'll be fine I'm sure" which reminds me of the midwife who was patronisingly telling my wife not to worry/panic as she slowly wrote out her admission forms before my wife collapsed and had the baby in the corridor (and then she panicked). I'm not advocating punching teachers/staff/councillors on the nose yet but I find it so frustrating.

I appreciate that neither KCC or the school have put much effort into progressing the top stream of the class nor have they spent a mini-fortune on tutoring for two years (as well as loads of time and effort) but I just cannot fathom the appalling and ad-hoc "gameshow" way they have of telling you. Anyone know their official reasoning/justification?
scarlett

Re: Kent Results Megalomania

Post by scarlett »

I'm pretty sure they receive the scores in an email .( the school , that is ) In 2010 the ht told me she knew ds1 had passed but didn't look at the scores until nearer the time and last year , we went to the school at about 5 pm and ds2 teacher had a spread sheet which she turned over to show him his individual scores. Our school has always been keen to talk to parents on the day and the ht stays late so we can get our results. I did email KCC for the scores and raw scores too but it took a while and wouldn't have been much use if you needed to know for the school form. I think some schools just seem a bit funny about the whole thing so perhaps might be a little mean spirited.
DaddyOh

Post by DaddyOh »

Most primary schools give out the scores the following morning in my experience. I'm sure KCC could include them but KCC have a long record of being fairly anti 'superselective' so I suspect they can't be bothered to alter their system to include something that's only really relevant for those seeking superselective places.

DaddyOh
westkent

Post by westkent »

The KCC website asks schools to distribute the scores "after 17th October." This is a bit hopeless for those who may like to see Skinners on the 17th and would find it helpful to know whether their son has a chance in **** of getting in! DS's school will probably wait til Friday I expect.

I agree, I also feel those scores belong to US and not to school. We, our DS and I, did all the months of preparation. Why on earth must KCC and/or the schools now be so awkward?

So pleased to almost have it all over.....until the appeals!
Bobmumof3

Post by Bobmumof3 »

We've booked onto the Thursday Skinners open morning, just in case!

Completely agree its do annoying!

I'll have no nails left by Friday....
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Ds's head has said that she can give the results at the end of school to or row (and we have parents evening, so I guess we will get them then). Is she wrong? I guess not an awful lot of difference between end of Wednesday and beginning of Thursday, but....
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

My DS's head teacher sent a letter home yesterday to say we could collect an envelope from the school on Thursday morning which will contain the actual scores. I guess the teachers strike might delay this in some schools if the schools close.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Do we get the standardised or raw scores?
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

Ladymuck wrote:Do we get the standardised or raw scores?
Hi, you will get the standardised scores, you can get the raw scores from KCC if you want them. There will be an email address and pupil number on the letter (not the email) which should arrive later this week or the weekend, if you email they will give you the raw scores.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Thanks.

I assume that I don't need the raw scores unless I'm looking to appeal?