Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pp1

11+ Apps

Post by pp1 »

Hi.

A question for the techies out there!

I am thinking of getting a tablet (either ipad or android) mainly for helping the kids with homework (spelling) and also presumably for use for 11+ learning in the not too distant future.

Has anyone used any of the 11+ apps and if so, is it preferable to go for the ipad as opposed to android tablet to run these? Basically I am trying to buy a tablet cheaply (with android tablet looking a lot more reasonable!) but don't want to find myself without decent apps to use if I go for the android app!!

Can anyone recommend any good apps too please?
themadcatlady

Re: 11+ Apps

Post by themadcatlady »

I have a Nexus (very similar to the new Tesco tablet) and have downloaded the 11+ Apps from this site. I have to say they are brilliant! My DS much prefers doing prep work on the tablet as it's somehow much more fun than doing it in a workbook. So far each "test" is taking about 30 minutes which is perfect. With the vocab builder app I've been doing these tests with him, so we can discuss each word in the answers to check whether he knows what they mean and look them up in a dictionary if need be. So I'm hoping this will really help him to expand his vocab.

I don't have an iPad so couldn't tell you how this compares but when downloading the 11+ Apps from this website, I also found lots more out there, so I wouldn't say you'd would be restricted by going android.

Hope that helps! :)
pp1

Re: 11+ Apps

Post by pp1 »

thank you so much! if I can save money by going android, that is all good!