GL wins the day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MerlinFromCamelot

GL wins the day

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

Was hoping for CEM to be honest. Think a lot of us who are taking Bexley & Kent will be kicking themselves.
mystery

Re: GL wins the day

Post by mystery »

Yes, double preparation. It may not always be like this though as the kent contract is only for one year. How long was the bexley c e m contract won for?

Also, if the kent test is more sophisticated as per the press release maybe it is not like a cobbling together of the g l familiarisation papers in English, maths, v r and nvr. Maybe it does hold some surprises and bexley type preparation will pay off for both tests.
salsa

Post by salsa »

I've heard the CEM contract is for 3 years.
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

I wonder how parents living Kent/Bexley borders are planning revision. DD1 took the test a few years ago, then we did both Kent and Bexley. I'm not so sure what to do with DD2 who will be sitting the test next september. Not so happy about putting all eggs in one basket, on the other hand not keen to overload her with 11+ revision either.

So far I have spent a great deal looking in to the Bexley CEM system, but have no clue what GL will be doing in Kent. I would assume that the format of the test will change compared to previous years?

Any advice greatly appreciated... thank you!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now