Mock Tests for those sitting test in Sept 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
fatbananas

Mock Tests for those sitting test in Sept 2014

Post by fatbananas »

I know many areas do mock tests and I know some organisations have done mock Kent Tests in the past. Does anyone know/ think that there will be a mock Kent Test for this year's cohort being run somewhere, bearing in mind there won't be any hint as to exam format until May (I think it is)?

I'd quite like DS to get a hint of what sitting such a test is like; but don't know if it's worth it, if the format is very different?
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
mystery

Re: Mock Tests for those sitting test in Sept 2014

Post by mystery »

If you know some organisations please pm me. I am interested in mock tests even if they are not much like the real thing as I would like her to get the experience of concentrating and working foe several hours in a formal environment where other children may be feeling uncomfortable.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

I only wish I did, Mystery. I knew of a few organisations that ran mock tests in and around London for all the 'superselective' grammar schools in all parts of the country, ie those with no real catchment area, including for Judd, Skinners etc. But I was wondering if there were any in the Kent area and, also, how the new test format had affected the ability to provide realistic tests.
Applepie

Post by Applepie »

hi I have just seen that DIY 11 plus are doing mock exams in Mid Kent. They seemed to be doing all four papers, so this may be like the new 11+ .
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Applepie wrote:hi I have just seen that DIY 11 plus are doing mock exams in Mid Kent. They seemed to be doing all four papers, so this may be like the new 11+ .
Thanks Applepie for replying. I just looked at the website and it's offering 50% discount for Kent. Wonder if that means they're not too confident about the content?...
mystery

Post by mystery »

Probably. It isn't possible to put together a mock that might be like it before may, and even then it might not be possible. I think any practice under exam conditions of a surprise paper would be good though.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

mystery wrote:Probably. It isn't possible to put together a mock that might be like it before may, and even then it might not be possible. I think any practice under exam conditions of a surprise paper would be good though.
Yes, I agree.