Does anyone travel to Judd from Maidstone area?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Going grey

Does anyone travel to Judd from Maidstone area?

Post by Going grey »

Just wondered if there are many boys at Judd travelling from the Maidstone area? If so, bus, train or car? What sort of time do they generally have to leave in the morning? Have put Judd as 1st choice on the form but am beginning to think we have to move nearer to Tonbridge....
tonbridgemum

Re: Does anyone travel to Judd from Maidstone area?

Post by tonbridgemum »

I think from previous friends of DS that Maidstone is a popular destination to travel from to Judd. I do know the number 7 (and 77??) bus run a regular service during term time. I think therefore the journey by bus is easy.
I'm pretty sure there is no direct train from Ton to Maidstone, you have to change (maybe Paddock wood?) so train more complicated and of course the freedom bus pass (£100) can only be used on the bus so it would be more expensive by train.
Incidentally, we have family in Maidstone and it took us 40 minutes on a Sunday to get there this weekend from Tonbridge (Judd end). I would think a car journey would seem hard work on a daily basis!
Hope that helps. TM
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

My first question posed on this site asked exactly the same question, on June 2nd 2009 at 9.32pm!

There are a number of boys traveling to Judd. My son travels on the train, leaving around
7.45am and getting home around 4.30pm. In the morning, he has to change at paddock wood, but the evening train is direct, I think. It's not covered by the Kent a Freedom pass.

I know other boys travel by bus. My son has always preferred the train.

Incidentally, he has the same length of day as my other son who is at a Maidstone grammar. We literally drop dc 2 at the bus stop, en route to dropping dc 1 at the station, and they both arrive home around 4.30pm.

Any questions about this journey, please feel free to ask.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Its pretty easy getting to Tonbridge from Maidstone. It looks like the public transport will be fine for your son as Pheasantchick and Tonbridgemum have said.

If you are insane and want to drive there I know someone who takes her kids to a prep school in Tonbridge near Judd and that's 4 times daily. You'll end up knowing the back routes to take to avoid traffic. My daughter takes a sport that she now attends twice to four times weekly in Tonbridge and I drive her there from the other side of Maidstone and its an easy drive apart from moments when I am stuck behind a farm tractor. I pretty much cut through the back routes and then join Tonbridge Road in Teston - from there I am in Tonbridge in 15-20 minutes. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
Impossible is Nothing.
peter45

Post by peter45 »

train is the best option. we have one child in grammar in Tonbridge and another will start Judd in September and the train is the best option from any direction. occasionally I take them and it is a nightmare getting out. The trip there is fine the trip home a nightmare.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now