Waitlists?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
charliemo

Re: Waitlists?

Post by charliemo »

Just wondering if anyone knows how many boys might be waiting for Skinners with 406 or 405? April 23rd is seeming like a very long way away
confusedmum.com

Post by confusedmum.com »

Waiting here - with 406, we are about 10 miles out. Any guesses as to how many are waiting for Skinners and how many do not accept their places in March?
Slapdashmum

Post by Slapdashmum »

Hello everyone, i'm new here, but have checked in a few times and found people's tips and advice really useful. My ds got 406 and has been offered a place at twgb which we are happy about but now hearing that skinners cut off is 406 i'm wondering if we should put him on the waiting list. We live just over a mile away. I am i right in thinking he stands a pretty good chance of being offered a place or will there be boys with higher scores on the waiting list (surely they would have been offered a place already)? If anyone is able to shed some light on this for me i'd be really grateful. Also do i have to do the appeals form too? Sorry for all the questions but i'm a bit confused!
confusedmum.com

I asked that very same qustion to KCC who said that boys with higher scores do go on the waiting list and would therefore be ranked higher when it comes to re-allocation time.

But nothing ventured ....
confusedmum.com

Sorry - ought to add that appeals are different to the waiting list, they operate independently. You can go on the waiting list and not do an appeal if you want to. If you are considering an appeal then you will need to come up with some reasons to persuade an independent appeal panel as to why your son would suffer if he did not attend the school you are appealing to.
Slapdashmum

Post by Slapdashmum »

Thankyou for the reply. It sounds like i should send an appeal form too. I wasn't really expecting to do this. People seem to talk about the minimum score going down afterfirst round allocations which made me think that boys go on the waiting list with lower scores. I hate guessing games!
confusedmum.com

I think the scores may well go down (at least I am hoping so!!) in the past this has been the case i.e. last year Skinners first allocation was 411 going down to 408. But they dont just carry on allocating from where they left off. The school gets sent a list of those who have applied to go on the waiting list and they re-rank them according to their score and distance again. It's another wait until 23 April for us.
Slapdashmum

Post by Slapdashmum »

Yes, i think the only thing to do is to strike it from my mind until 23rd. I suppose people hear things on the grapevine between now and then. I think i hate waiting games more than guessing games! Soooo impatient!
Bexleymum101

Post by Bexleymum101 »

Hi everyone - does anyone have any experience on how far Dartford Grammar School for Boys goes down on their waiting list? I know their Out of Borough cut off was 416 this year.

Also, I've heard that Wilmington Grammar School's top 10% was at 413 this year (15 students). Do you think many of these 15 Boys between 416-413 will be going on the Dartford waiting list??

Unfortunately, we're another one waiting for 23 April allocation :(

Thanks
parisandelle

Post by parisandelle »

Hi everyone, I noticed several of you have mentioned April 23rd. What is the significance of this date? We are prepared to stay on the waitlist until it expires as my son really wants to go to Skinners. His best friend obtained a spot (out of county as well).

I returned our waitlist green form today and am nearly finished with our appeal.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now