Trinity school sevenoaks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
chimera-ma

Re: Trinity school sevenoaks

Post by chimera-ma »

mystery wrote:
So has Knole Academy used the site at all in the last year or so? Does Sencio have space in leisure centres elsewhere to replace the physical space they will lose on the former Knole East site?
In a Welcome Back message on the Knole Academy website, Mrs Boyle, Knole's headteacher, talks about their new facilities and bids farewell to 'the big yellow bus which has driven us up and down to Knole East for some PE, engineering, construction and Science lessons'.

Re: your Sencio query, Mystery: the original planning proposal for the Wildernesse site spoke of the existing operator continuing to manage the sports centre after refurbishment for public out-of-hours use.

Perhaps Majestic could be persuaded to move from Riverhead too to make Trinity a more attractive choice for Scarlett? :D
mystery

Post by mystery »

What a good idea. Sounds much better than that crazy tennis plan.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Oh yes, a very good plan. Perhaps Trinity to start a scheme where parents are given a catering card alongside their child but for wine instead. Not that I would dream of choosing a school based on the proximity of the nearest alcoholic establishment of course. I'm booked into rehab after the Kent Test.....and I'm not talking about the one on EPE. :D
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

Went to one of the Open Mornings recently and saw four classes in operation: two were running very effectively (English; Design & Technology); the other two had students doing very little and talking amongst themselves as the teachers prepared (quite slowly) to get going with their lessons (Science; Music). I'm loath to reach conclusions from such short observation, however.

What have other people's impressions been?
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

Trinty are moving to the new site in September 2015 come what may. They have £1 million allocated by the government for high-tech portable classrooms which will be put on site until the building is ready in February.

Existing knole east buildings will be demolished apart from the sports hall which will be refurbished and form part of the Sevenoaks Grammar annexe.
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

The contractors seem well-established all of a sudden. Boarding has gone up along Seal Hollow Road and the car park has been sectioned off. There were workmen and diggers in action when I drove past yesterday (Saturday) morning. The old building fronting Seal Hollow Road, destined site for the Trinity build, is still there but with activity going on around it.

Is there anyone who has been to Wildernesse for sports activities in the past week or so who can tell us whether there is work being carried out farther back on the site, i.e., in possible connection with where the grammar annexe is to be built?
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes, would be great to know what's happening re. both Weald and Trinity. Doesn't feel long to the next round of CAFs.

Is this the demolition and asbestos removal work do you think or has that been done? Are people walking their dogs now with their breathing apparatus on?
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

Well, the contractors I saw weren't wearing masks, so I imagine we in the neighbourhood are safe for the moment. Who knows what's been going on inside - and it's hard to see much on the outside now that so much of the perimeter is boarded up.

If we don't get notices through the door telling us when demolition is imminent, no doubt a neighbour or two will let me know of the noise and dust on the relevant day/s.

I'm just about to post on a different thread re: BBC news today re: the WoK proposal...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now