Familiarisation Booklet

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scarlett

Re: Familiarisation Booklet

Post by scarlett »

Unfortunately not much to report . I bought some cem papers for the nvr and I think otherwise its pulling the spatial questions out from the nvr books we already have . I think the timing is going to be tight and therefore it will favour those children who can think on their feet , so to speak. I'd also like to know who has raided my local waterstones as the shelves were practically bare !
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Sounds like a 'mystery' to me :lol:
mystery

Post by mystery »

Not guilty! See my previous post. I rather think Scarlett has emptied all the kent book shops today and is framing me!

There is a Fptp book which just does 3 d stuff - according to the front cover. I don't have it but that doesn't sort the 2d stuff. Maybe if we search around n the web there will be sme free embedded shape stuff. Indiabix perhaps?
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I had a look online and it was either for pilots or a load of questions with a boiled egg and a cushion and asking which one would roll better. Mind boggling stuff . Any comments, Mystery ? I'm feeling strangely apathetic about it all.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I think you will find that spatial reasoning runs in your family due to your great facility with the ins and outs of the human body. Fatbananas family benefits from her specious reasoning. No hopers here in this family as we are all unreasonable.

The eggs - I had two hard boiled ones for lunch and they are rolling nowhere.

Yes, i found some kent company online which can help you with nonverbal reasoning and getting a job as a paramedic or pilot. Nothing about boiling eggs though.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

I was thinking the Where's Wally books were as good as anything: trying to find an outline in amongst some other jumbled outlines. Will be getting my 6 year old to start on those in the morning. In time for the millionth change to the KT in 20somethingorother.
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh that's a good idea. We've got some of those. Finding them amongst all the jumble everywhere is tricky though. Maybe that's where we should start. Finding things lost around the house.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Found this on a recruitment consultant website:

Some tips for improving spatial abilities are provided below:
• Work with plans, sketches and designs.
• Read and draw maps.
• Complete visual puzzles.
• Draw three-dimensional objects.
• Try to draw objects from a different angle.

I've found some strange things on the web about eggs and cushions Scarlett but I cannot find the question you were talking about. Do tell us where you found it!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I think you were looking at a more , ahem , adult website Mystery. :P
mystery

Post by mystery »

I didn't really understand it. Shall I put the link on here and you can tell me if you do?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now