Tutor in Ashford for Kent Test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Henrico

Tutor in Ashford for Kent Test?

Post by Henrico »

Hi,

Can anyone recommend to me a tutor in Ashford to help DS through the Kent Test? Or tutors for English and/ or maths? We've just moved to the area and I'm unclear how things work.

Many thanks. :)

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors or tutoring organisations to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' posts seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members (check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Legitimate tutors are welcome to advertise their services properly on our website. Please see below.

Note:
  • • Tutors can found in the online tutor directory by clicking here

• Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
Henrico

Re: Tutor in Ashford for Kent Test?

Post by Henrico »

A little bump, in case anyone can help :oops: . I had thought I'd tutor myself, but I'm worried I don't know enough about the format/ content of the Kent Test to put my DC at a disadvantage to those who have more knowledgeable tutors? and I'm not sure my maths is up to it! :oops: :oops:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... nt-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also if you look at the top of this Kent section there are some useful " stickies" about format of the test and a discussion of materials and ideas which people have found useful in past years
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Henrico I am also a firm believer in 'practice' over 'tutoring'. Not sure where you live but have you been to the big Sainsbury's by Junction 9? There is something in there which you may consider. PM if you want more specific detail :)
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Henrico

Post by Henrico »

T12ACY, I'm sure you're right. We've moved from an area where tutors were booked up years in advance. I'm beginning to see the culture in Kent is a bit different.

I think I'm just worried my maths skills are soooooo rusty and I don't want to let DS down! I will PM you later about Sainsburys and your other post, if that's ok. Once the kids are in bed and I've made myself a cup of tea and .... relax ....!
Emma-J

Post by Emma-J »

Hi there

I moved to Ashford a few months back. We were in Canterbury and my son was taking part in a great group (really really cheap!) run by a teacher. I have just found out that they are opening up elsewhere including Ashford so I have phoned up and booked in today. :D If you want the details PM me. Happy to give the details of their website etc.
Emma-J

Post by Emma-J »

If you PM me I can tell you about a club my son is joining - great success rates so I am really happy with it!!
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

Hi
If anyone is able to provide details of any tutors in Ashford, kent could you pm me please?
Thanks in advance
lucks31

Post by lucks31 »

Hi,

We have very recently moved to Hawley area near Dartford and looking for a good tutor for my son to get into Dartford / Wilmington grammar school. My son will take his exam in 2015 September. If anybody has recommendation for a tutor, Can you please PM me.

Thanks,
lucks31

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' posts seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members (check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Note:
  • • Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now