Some summer holiday......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dlb

Re: Some summer holiday......

Post by dlb »

You only get one shot at the 11+ so just hang in there with the work. Not long left and just think everyone else will be doing work over the summer, so you are not alone! Good luck. The nightmare will soon be over!
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
JLT

Post by JLT »

Really having battles with DD10 about the test. Her brother and cousins are all at GS, and she has always achieved far higher scores than her brother when he was at primary school. She is level 5 in her SATS at the end of year 5, so I shouldn't really be having this battle with her. She just doesn't want to do any tests, she keeps having complete melt downs about the whole thing and I hate seeing her so stressed, yet I know she would cope absolutely fine at GS as she always coped with doing any extra/harder work at primary school. She's always done well when we've practised NVR in the past, but today did a GL test and she got 50% and said she just doesn't get it!! Her brother even offered to help her, but she doesn't want to do any more. She says she wants to go to the same school as her brother, but doesn't seem to want to do anything to get there. ... Three weeks and a few days to go and I'm not feeling very confident :(
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

I know the format has changed this year but my DD2 refused to do any practice papers. We didn't have a tutor and I think she must have done about five hours' maximum work for the 11+. If your daughter is strong level 5s already I am sure she will be fine. I know it is easier said than done but just try adn relax about it. Easy for me to say - three through to grammar (one on appeal) and my baby is sitting next year so I am having a stress free summer (well 11+ stress free!).