Fresh deal on Sevenoaks grammar expected soon

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JJ123

Re: Fresh deal on Sevenoaks grammar expected soon

Post by JJ123 »

Ahh yes doodles i keep forgetting its an "annexe" of a school in a different town miles away...

Bonkers men in grey suites ... pass me the wine :roll:
mystery

Post by mystery »

Who is bonkers? The ones who made the law about no new grammars or the ones who think that a school miles away with no movement of staff or pupils between sites is an annex?
JJ123

Post by JJ123 »

A new Grammar should either be approved ( assuming statistically/cost justified ) or not.

Messing around with annexes that are not actually annexes is disruptive,divisive and, yes Mystery, bonkers

Wok parents are sick and tired of being dragged into this mess, as all the other grammars keep their heads quietly down.

Drove past site and saw diggers down there today ...
kent mum
mystery

Post by mystery »

Ah, so something is happening - but is it one or two schools being built?
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

Not much happening, I'm afraid. Walked around the site today while the hockey was on and saw no sign of bulldozers or of anything having been bulldozed. Some debris removed perhaps?
mystery

Post by mystery »

Waiting for the snow before they start perhaps.
klmh1968

Post by klmh1968 »

[quote="JJ123"]I'm sure the Wok parents living outside "TN13" are sick of hearing about 7oaks and their needs!

I must confess to being one of the parents sick of hearing about them. I live in Tunbridge Wells District, but the only grammar school it seems my DD can have a chance of attending is TGGS and this is only because they've changed their admissions criteria to allow children whose council tax is paid to Tunbridge Wells District to now be within catchment. if i lived in TN13 not only would DD be within catchment for TGGS, TWGGS (albeit below girls living basically on the school's doorstep, ) but now WoK!! We actually live near TWGGS than some areas that are in catchment.

A few years ago DS was fortunate to obtain a place at Skinners, however he still had one less option than Sevenoaks boys because we were not in catchment for TWBGS.

I appreciate that TN13 parents may feel that their DC have a rough deal regarding GS, but there are plenty of other DC that would love to have their options!!
JJ123

Post by JJ123 »

I agree with you totally and i do live in Sevenoaks. We also have the Orpington StOlaves/Newstead option here too. So much is made of our kids travelling 30 mins on a bus but for Secondary that is no big deal at all.

Seems to be Tonbridge is central so if the current schools there just enlarged ( i know they have already) Sevenoaks direction and T wells direction children would all be catered for.

Trinity has filled our Bennett "gap" too in Sevenoaks and will continue to enlarge.

In my view there is no immediate need for another school in Sevenoaks and would prefer funds to go towards our hospital but hey what do i know :wink:
mystery

Post by mystery »

There is nothing stopping you writing in to the Chair of Governors at Weald and saying what you think. Anyone can, surely, whatever their opinion and whether or not they currently have children at the school.
JJ123

Post by JJ123 »

Absolutely klmh1968 .... write to the Wok governors, join the party !

Their consultation box is crammed full apparently