Sept 10 2014 takes - All the Best!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
FortyNinePence

Re: Sept 10 2014 takes - All the Best!

Post by FortyNinePence »

How many people took the test?

How many people know people who took the test?

Thousands. Literally thousands. So how many of those thousands have not mentioned to their friends, and to their friends, and to their friends about the test?

I am guessing its a lot more people than read this site.

If there are issues with OOC doing the same test later, the complaint is with KCC.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Peter wrote:Well how lucky for the Saturday takers. Plenty of advice here from those with little sense of what they are doing apart from ignoring advice elsewhere, and where have the moderators been.

Still no doubt selfishly bathed in a glow of pleasure about being able to babble about which sections are easy, not forgetting the difficult last eight questions in maths (Saturday takers remember to advise your children about these). Well done.

May I remind you that moderators are all volunteers with busy "real" lives?

It is true that some children still have to take the test, so please do not discuss specific questions. "The maths was hard" type of comment is not a problem
Carpediem247

Post by Carpediem247 »

Thank you moderators for all that you do! It is I guess not surprising that a particular section was hard. Thank you again.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Can't say I've seen anything posted on here that would be of benefit to those sitting on Saturday.

Well done to those who've sat it already. Sounds like a typical set of papers with maybe a few surprises thrown in.

Wishing you all the best for results day and beyond :)
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Forum Rules and FAQs

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... um.php?f=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4. "How do I report or complain about a post?"

Rather than provoke any unpleasantness on the forum, the best thing to do is to click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM.

Alternatively it may also be possible to PM one of the moderators directly, but please be sure to include a copy of the offending message and either a link or details of who posted it, when and where. (If you use the report facility - the red exclamation mark - this will happen automatically!)

You may not receive any acknowledgement, but rest assured that moderators will read your comments, and will consider carefully whether any action is required. They may decide, for example, to edit out any offensive remarks, to remove an entire post if appropriate, or simply to keep a watchful eye on the thread.
stressedpansy

Post by stressedpansy »

Peter wrote:Well how lucky for the Saturday takers. Plenty of advice here from those with little sense of what they are doing apart from ignoring advice elsewhere, and where have the moderators been.

Still no doubt selfishly bathed in a glow of pleasure about being able to babble about which sections are easy, not forgetting the difficult last eight questions in maths (Saturday takers remember to advise your children about these). Well done.

I have re-read this thread and maybe I am missing something, but I can't see anything here that would help a Saturday taker. Only the subject titles are mentioned - the same as in the familiarisation paper. Saying sections were found to be 'hard' or 'easy' or 'finished in the time' is subjective to an individual child.

As for the school closure in Ashford, due to a hoax security call on test day...surely that must have raised suspicions or am I the only one thinking this?
Peter

Post by Peter »

My apologies to the moderators. I just got cross.
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

We're taking it Saturday - I wish we'd got it out of the way as you have so we could relax and enjoy our weekend! I'll be interested to hear how quickly the children recover and whether yours are all bouncing back to normal already? Give me some hope!
MJMoore

Post by MJMoore »

Mine seemed rather disheartened yesterday, but fine today. I think they bounce back much better than us! :wink:
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

We're Saturday takers too and can't see too much which is going to help.
DD never finishes Maths papers or NVR so that all sounds pretty standard to me.

Well done to all those who sat the papers yesterday and good luck to anyone else who is still experiencing the pre-test jitters like me!

DD has her Birthday tomorrow so hopefully that will relieve the tension and lots of celebrations planned for after its all over!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now