Out of area test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
moved

Out of area test

Post by moved »

Could anyone let me know what time these tests are held and where they are held. We live a long way from Kent and will need to drive for 2 hours to take the test. Is the mock necessary or are the papers just NFER Nelson papers?

Post by Guest »

out of area tests are held at one of the grammar schools in tunbridge wells on the saturday morning.

whilst the mock exam is only a repeat of papers they have probably already done, it is a good idea as it lets the children familiarize themselves with the place where their actual tests will be. They also get told what to do about going to the loo, breaks, snacks, etc.

Parking can be a problem so you'll need to leave plenty of time.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Guest, when you say the mock exam is a repeat of tests they've probably already done, do you mean that they are NFER Nelson papers?

I'm dithering about whether or not to get my son to do the mock and am trying to decide how useful it would be.
moved

Post by moved »

thanks guest, we will come along then, do you know what time the tests are? morning/afternoon?

Post by Guest »

yes - when my son did his two years ago, the mocks were NFER papers he had already done with his tutor - don't know if its changed.

both the mock and the exam were sat am.

we all found the mock exam morning very helpful as it removed all the questions about how, where, when, etc and left my son free to concentrate solely on the actual tests the next week.

hope this helps

Post by Guest »

yes - when my son did his two years ago, the mocks were NFER papers he had already done with his tutor - don't know if its changed.

both the mock and the exam were sat am.

we all found the mock exam morning very helpful as it removed all the questions about how, where, when, etc and left my son free to concentrate solely on the actual tests the next week.

hope this helps
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

We may have to do tests as out of area candidates in a future year. Can you remember the timing of the morning? Doing VR, NVR, maths and written task without a lunch break sounds quite daunting?!

Post by Guest »

all three papers and the english essay were done on the Saturday morning - i think they were finished by 1 - 1.30pm. My son didn't take any lunch and I think they only had one short break mid-morning.

It's not as horrendous as it sounds - the children are all together and I didn't hear of anyone who struggled with the set-up. Usually by the time they sit the tests they are ready to just sit through and get it over with.