Special case to sit for 11plus kent test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

deepti

Special case to sit for 11plus kent test

Post by deepti »

Hi all,

I have a 9 year old daughter ,born August 2005, studying Yr 4 now in INDIA.

We are planning to come there in April next year to KENT. I would like to see her in kent grammar school.

My doubts are,

Can my year 4 child daughter sit for kent test???

If I make her sit ,can she be able to make it?? How probably she can pass?

When I come there next yr, In which primary class shall I put her into??4 th or 5 th??

If I don't do it next year 2015 , then can she sit in 2016( she will be 11yrs 2 mths by tOctober 2016)?

I m confused .Pls guide me how to do this.

Thank u all.
yoyo123

Re: Special case to sit for 11plus kent test

Post by yoyo123 »

Best people to ask are KCC admissions.

You can find them online.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Were she in school in England currently, she would be in year 5 now and therefore due to transfer to secondary school in 2016. So she would be due to take the 11+ at the beginning of the autumn term 2015.

Your best bet would be to speak to someone in Admissions at KCC; most admissions authorities have strict rules about taking transfer tests in the correct year, though. You would also have to think about residency requirements, I would assume?

(Crossed posts!)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes. She will be 10 in August 2015 so would do the kent 11 plus in sept 2015 and enter year 6 that same September. She would go to a kent secondar school in September 2016.

You would register her for the kent test next summer and apply for schools in October 2015. You can read all about kent secondary school admissions rules online. If you want her to pass, you need to find out about what the test requires and work for it if she seems way off the standard.
Ment

Post by Ment »

Hi Deepti,
I have sent you a pm.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now