According to HT at TWGGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PurpleDog

Re: According to HT at TWGGS

Post by PurpleDog »

Well I guess she ought to know!!
That would suit us very well I think as DDs weakness is NVR and Spatial.
Is anyone else aiming for TGS?
Last year they took girls from the waiting list on 386 and not much different for OOC.
In previous years it was as high as 412 for OOC. Any idea why it was so low last year?
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

The maths marking seemed to result in fewer very high scores than usual. And potentially as everyone was used to needing high scores they settled for a more local school that TGS.
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

This might be my misunderstanding but I thought the point of the standardisation was that the same proportion of kids get the top scores each year or was it just that all the boys got the top standardised scores and the girls scored lower?
Sorry if I am being thick!
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

Ugh... I would have preferreed 2 marks.... 1 for each paper.....
Guess we can't all be happy!

:( :( :(
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

I'm with you gravesendgirl.
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

The other thing she said was that no-one knows how the scores will pan out - whether they will be lower (or higher) than we are used to - so the most important thing is to put your schools in true order of preference, don't play games because you just won't know how others have done, and the schools do not know what order you have placed them in. Whatever happens KCC will ensure that the pass mark allows the same proportion of children to get grammar places.
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

Will each paper be out of 140 still then so score will be out of 420 then
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

I was led to believe the results only landed in the Primary School's today.....does that vary from area to area?
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

gravesendgal wrote:I was led to believe the results only landed in the Primary School's today.....does that vary from area to area?
I would expect everyone would have been sent them on the same day.

Only teachers will know for sure, but regulars on EPE would have expected them Weds/Thurs anyway, based on experience from previous years.
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

PurpleDog wrote:This might be my misunderstanding but I thought the point of the standardisation was that the same proportion of kids get the top scores each year or was it just that all the boys got the top standardised scores and the girls scored lower?
Sorry if I am being thick!
The standardisation is set so that children of different ages are not disadvantaged and so the same proportion of the cohort pass the test. The top scores can vary quite a lot from year to year depending on the difficulty of the test.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now