My son failed the 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kellie

My son failed the 11+

Post by kellie »

I got the result from the 11+, and my son failed miserably. He is a very bright boy, but the past year he has been unhappy and he hasn't really being doing is best at school. The major probelm is that he hates his teacher and says she is 'picking' on him. I've tried not to pandy to him, and taken it with a pinch of salt but unfortunately the terrible exam result has woken me up to the fact he really has started doing badly.

I'm now at my wits end as to what to do (a little late, i know). Has he totally blown it for getting in for September, but has anyone been able to get there kids in the following year, do they do 12+ exams and entry - or is it a case of a once only chance.

Would he beable to resit the 11+ now - or is that a no no? The school has numerous private schools in the are, and i've since been told they all practice for the TWO years prior to the test. We did no practice as was the recommendation by the school. I feel with a week of coaching he'd pass - which makes a farce of the exam, but i'm desperate.

I am a single mum with two boys and i really feel i've let them down because i have been working far too much the past year (through necessity), my child is heartbroken and it's tearing me apart with guilt.
Anne42

Anne42

Post by Anne42 »

Kellie , don't feel guilty , i know thats easier said then done , but my oldest daughter failed , she went to local girls high school . She is now in year 10 & has been in the top groups all the way through . In hind sight , failing was probably a good thing , as it's done her confidence , loads of good .
perplexed

11+

Post by perplexed »

where do you live? They have not sat the 11+ in Kent yet. Maybe if you live close to the border your son could do the Kent tests in Jan and go to a Kent grammar school. Bit puzzled why your query is here on the Kent bit though?
patricia

Post by patricia »

I think this thread should have started in the Lincs section, I am waiting for Kellie to reply, WIll then delete if necessary.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now