Knole Academy/Trinity - where will they be for 2015 entry?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

CoffeeCup

Knole Academy/Trinity - where will they be for 2015 entry?

Post by CoffeeCup »

Please can someone clarify for me:

- The knole Academy site on the A25, Bradbourne Road, is this the place known as Knole West? And is that the permanent home for Knole Acadmey now (or will it be their only and permanent home from Sep 2015)?

- Is it just Trinity School at the other site/Knole East site now (Or will it just them there be from Sep 2015)?

I have been reading their websites but they each assume an understanding of knole/sites language which I don't have. Thanks.

All I want to know is which school will be situated where for Sep 2015 entry, so I can consider bus journeys, thanks!

(edited a typo!)
doodles

Re: Knole Academy/Trinity - where will they be for 2015 entr

Post by doodles »

Knole Academy is on the Bradbourne road (just passed the wildlife reserve) and this is their permanent home. They have some fab new facilities just opened and what looks like more to come.

Trinity is going on the old Wilderness school site, up by the Seal Hollow Road traffic lights (just past the cemetery) they will be there from September 2015. It is expected/proposed/possible that at some time in the future they will share the site with the new grammar annex (if it ever happens!)
mystery

Post by mystery »

Trinity is definitely going to be on the site described by Doodles above in September 2015. But it sounds as though they will not be in the new building but in swanky prefabricated accommodation, including labs etc, provided by the DfE at over £1m as the building is not likely to be delivered on time. None of the children will be staying at the office accommodation at Riverhead as has been mentioned as a possibility in the past.

They will not be in the midst of the building site either, so it sounds good.
Jonnyzap

Post by Jonnyzap »

first time I have seen 'swanky' and 'prefabricated' in the same sentence.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Jonnyzap wrote:first time I have seen 'swanky' and 'prefabricated' in the same sentence.
Many moons ago, I was working at Lewisham Hospital during one of its refurbishment phases. On lovely summer days we would be fighting over which one of us went when a patient needed to be transferred to one of the wards camping out in the 'demountables', which came complete with even lovelier air conditioning :D .

Even further back in time...joining a new school at the tender age of six, I was directed on my first day 'to the terrapins'. The nice lady in the office didn't think to explain that that was with a capital 'T' and referred to a certain manufacturer of 'modular buildings', so you can probably guess what I spent rather a long time looking for...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now