2 days left for Results to be announced - anyone nervous!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SKJ

Re: 2 days left for Results to be announced - anyone nervous

Post by SKJ »

Just received my son's scores.

English - 121
Maths - 141
Reasoning 141

Total - 403

Very pleased with his results!!

I hope all get a good result for their DC's for all the efforts kids and parents made!!
SKJ

Post by SKJ »

Essex2Kent wrote:
PurpleDog wrote:
Essex2Kent wrote:No one in county got top marks. Interesting as out of county sit the test three days later so don't tell me there was no advantage.
Have I missed something - how do you know this?
I have skills.

And contacts.

And ask!

My DS sat OOC test on 13-Sep and his score is purely out of his hard work.
Mumsy77

Post by Mumsy77 »

Finally got my DD's marks:

Maths 124
English 138
Reasoning 132
Total 394
salsa

Post by salsa »

SKJ wrote:
Essex2Kent wrote:
PurpleDog wrote:No one in county got top marks. Interesting as out of county sit the test three days later so don't tell me there was no advantage.
Have I missed something - how do you know this?

My DS sat OOC test on 13-Sep and his score is purely out of his hard work.
Congratulations to all. Here you are one of the problems with publishing scores. How many took the test? And how many published their scores here? As OOC we know we need high scores and sometimes unless we know that our children are capable of getting them, we might not put them to do the test. Moreover, there will be lots of OOC passes who then move to the area. Loads of my son's friends are new to the area.
SKJ

Post by SKJ »

salsa wrote: Congratulations to all. Here you are one of the problems with publishing scores. How many took the test? And how many published their scores here? As OOC we know we need high scores and sometimes unless we know that our children are capable of getting them, we might not put them to do the test. Moreover, there will be lots of OOC passes who then move to the area. Loads of my son's friends are new to the area.
I don't see it a problem. I believe the intention of these threads was to share the results and scores so that people could understand what the scores of others and the preferences of other people so that one could make a guess of one's probability of getting a place.
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

SKJ wrote:
salsa wrote: Congratulations to all. Here you are one of the problems with publishing scores. How many took the test? And how many published their scores here? As OOC we know we need high scores and sometimes unless we know that our children are capable of getting them, we might not put them to do the test. Moreover, there will be lots of OOC passes who then move to the area. Loads of my son's friends are new to the area.
I don't see it a problem. I believe the intention of these threads was to share the results and scores so that people could understand what the scores of others and the preferences of other people so that one could make a guess of one's probability of getting a place.
I think the scores this year should be shared if people feel comfortable doing it. It's all different and with no one in Kent getting the full 420 it will help

ftom what I gather super selective time boys will be around 400 cut off and girls 380. Will know more next week.
In county only. Not got details on OOC and as know don't follow that.
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

Just been told of a boy scoring 409. Highest so far to be revealed.
salsa

Post by salsa »

This year all the scores will be different to previous years. They will become relevant in March when we can ask what was the minimum score for a particular school. If you are happy publishing your child's scores, then that's great. As always, there will be people seeing it as showing off. The way I read the post you responded too, merit was taken away from big scores suggesting that they were due to OOC children having an advantage for taking the test 3 days later. I was trying to be both supportive and fair.

I'm sure many Kent children had big scores, but we just haven't seen them published here.
Last edited by salsa on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
mystery

Post by mystery »

It would be quite good if people could post their scores on the other thread about posting scores. Scores on their own are not that informative but with other contextual information can be useful to other people in various ways. E.g. To see that mistakes can happen and children with 5s can fail, or to see you can get through with a 4, or that no prep can work etc.

If several anomalies were thrown up it might make people determined to find out more about the new test.

Sure, there will never be a large enough sample of responses for it to be anything but a thought provoker and discussion starter. But if people start to take it in the wrong spirit and complaints are sent to moderators who then close threads down as a consequence, threads with valuable discussion potential are lost and we are restricted to "well done, you passed" posts and "commiserations you failed" posts, which, lovely as they are, won't help improve fair access to school places.