Judd / Skinners post

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Essex2Kent

Re: Judd / Skinners post

Post by Essex2Kent »

I spoke to judd and skinners. Both suggested they would be 40 marks less than normal so around 370-375.
CoffeeCup

Post by CoffeeCup »

Does this mean that there will be 3 marks, one each for maths, English and reasoning (each with a min of ??? and a max of 141)?

And how does the "equal preference" work when the maths and English were together in one paper and reasoning in another?

Any thoughts?
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Equal preference is the process of filling in the CAF, nothing to do with the marking as such. Judd/Skinners want people who want their school to still apply, with the knowledge that if their score isn't high enough then it is as if they never applied (ie you can't lose a space at another school just by putting it in a lower position on the CAF).
mystery

Post by mystery »

NoBigDeal1 wrote:We had a letter from our school saying you needed an aggravate of 360,have they got this wrong then?
Yes. That could be a reasonably superselective type score under the new standardisation.
CoffeeCup

Post by CoffeeCup »

Thank you. I wrongly thought it meant equal weighting for each component!

Any clue about the individual marking?
worriedmum76

Post by worriedmum76 »

Wow just saw this, don't know how to read this. Is it to say that even with a lower score compared to previous years, DS can qualify for judd/ skinners?
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

worriedmum76 wrote:Wow just saw this, don't know how to read this. Is it to say that even with a lower score compared to previous years, DS can qualify for judd/ skinners?
It's not really a lower score in the scheme of things. They still take top 1.5% it's just the test was harder and pass scores had to drop to 106 to get the same number of passes.

Combination of many factors as to why but on a pure number basis its lower but I think many will be surprised by scores.

4 pm too long still.
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

CoffeeCup wrote:Does this mean that there will be 3 marks, one each for maths, English and reasoning (each with a min of ??? and a max of 141)?

And how does the "equal preference" work when the maths and English were together in one paper and reasoning in another?

Any thoughts?
Pass for etc subject is 106. Max 141.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Essex2Kent wrote:
worriedmum76 wrote:Wow just saw this, don't know how to read this. Is it to say that even with a lower score compared to previous years, DS can qualify for judd/ skinners?
It's not really a lower score in the scheme of things. They still take top 1.5% it's just the test was harder and pass scores had to drop to 106 to get the same number of passes.

Combination of many factors as to why but on a pure number basis its lower but I think many will be surprised by scores.

4 pm too long still.
Not sure raw scores are much different. I heard that in the maths a pass score of 106 approximates to a raw score of around 50 percent. It required about 50 percent in the maths in previous years too.
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

mystery wrote:
Essex2Kent wrote:

4 pm too long still.
Not sure raw scores are much different. I heard that in the maths a pass score of 106 approximates to a raw score of around 50 percent. It required about 50 percent in the maths in previous years too.
We were told 106 was 45 percent. In any event cant see why it could not have been sorted on standardisation.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now