cut off marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sandred

cut off marks

Post by sandred »

Having done this twice before I just thought I'd say this.
The schools aren't being deliberately annoying in not giving scores. They can't possibly know at this stage as they don't know who is going to apply, or what their scores are. Also several of the boys schools are adding a class this year, which will affect the cut off.
It's a new ball game this year and previous cut off sores are fairly irrelevant. KCC won't know now either.
We are in the position that we don't know whether my son's score will get him into DGS (where his brothers are).
All you can do is put the schools in the order that you really want them, send in the SCAF and try and forget about it until March. Easier said than done I know, but you'll drive yourselves mad trying to speculate (as I am at times). There is nothing that you can do until you know what you've been offered in March.
Personally I can't wait until the open evenings this week are over and the form is submitted.
UncleBob

Re: cut off marks

Post by UncleBob »

sandred wrote:Having done this twice before I just thought I'd say this.
The schools aren't being deliberately annoying in not giving scores. They can't possibly know at this stage as they don't know who is going to apply, or what their scores are. Also several of the boys schools are adding a class this year, which will affect the cut off.
It's a new ball game this year and previous cut off sores are fairly irrelevant. KCC won't know now either.
We are in the position that we don't know whether my son's score will get him into DGS (where his brothers are).
All you can do is put the schools in the order that you really want them, send in the SCAF and try and forget about it until March. Easier said than done I know, but you'll drive yourselves mad trying to speculate (as I am at times). There is nothing that you can do until you know what you've been offered in March.
Personally I can't wait until the open evenings this week are over and the form is submitted.
Indeed. We will know more when KCC answer the FOI they have received.