Cutoff for DGS for boys for OOC

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
grgygirl

Re: Cutoff for DGS for boys for OOC

Post by grgygirl »

Congratulations to you all!
Can I just ask how the OOC works? Do they allocate on score first - for eg if ds got 415 but lived in Deptford, would he be allocated a place or does this go on distance?
salsa

Post by salsa »

They have two lists. So, you would be in the out of area list. The highest scores fill in the 90 places and on the last one, if there is a tie, the closest boy gets in. Then there will be a waiting list. This year the lowest score for out of area was 369, so someone with 415 would have gained a place.
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

Great, thanks Salsa. I thought that's how it worked but wasn't sure - Ds not sitting this year but at least we know what we need to aim for.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Pleasure. Things change rapidly from year to year though.
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

salsa wrote:Pleasure. Things change rapidly from year to year though.
Very correct Salsa. Parents should not rely on this year cut off for DGS. This is the lowest in the last few years. I can remember a boy in Bexley Grammar who is in year 9 now but scored 410 OOC but did not get into DGS. I think that was three years ago. Even last year, many children with less 400 did not get in. 410 would have got in thru appeal but parents decided not appeal because they live very close to Bexley.
Arrow flash

Post by Arrow flash »

But with the new test its hard to baseline upon one years data
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

kingsgen wrote:
salsa wrote:Pleasure. Things change rapidly from year to year though.
Very correct Salsa. Parents should not rely on this year cut off for DGS. This is the lowest in the last few years. I can remember a boy in Bexley Grammar who is in year 9 now but scored 410 OOC but did not get into DGS. I think that was three years ago. Even last year, many children with less 400 did not get in. 410 would have got in thru appeal but parents decided not appeal because they live very close to Bexley.
It's a different test this year and a different mark scheme, scores bear no resemblance to previous years, it is impossible to compare them. In previous years there were too many top scores, now the scores are much more widely spread out.
salsa

Post by salsa »

True, however the test will be administered by GL this year, but we don't know what will be for 2016. We don't know what will happen to the scores, however we can safely assume that you will need a high score if from out of area.
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Very true.
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

Yes, I have in mind that ds would need a very strong score indeed for dgs. Ho hum, we`'ll have to see how it all pans out in 2016. There seem to be several changes to Kent/Bromley admissions for 2016 so almost expecting changes for dgs too (change to cem maybe?).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now