Travelling to Judd from shortlands/ beckenham junction

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Boggins' Dad

Re: Travelling to Judd from shortlands/ beckenham junction

Post by Boggins' Dad »

Buses from Shortlands to Beths or DGS would take just as long as the train commute to Tonbridge BTW people advising that...
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Whilst there are lunch time clubs the main sports practices ( eg Rugby and cricket are after school finishing at about 5pm). If your son wants to play say rugby for the school then you may need to find that he needs to be at school sometimes on a Saturday by 8.am to travel to an away match ( although there are sometimes pick ups in Sevenoaks depending on where the boys are playing). There are also a couple of "compulsory" school trips ( which the entire year go on) where you would need to get your child to school extremely early eg we have recently done one where the boys needed to be at school at 5.20am! You need to factor all these things in. Some boys do live a long distance away from school but you do need to know what you are letting yourselves in for particularly if you and your son want to take an active part in school life.
doodles

Post by doodles »

[quote="Devotedmummy"] . I met several boys who are travelling from Essex to Judd. [quote]

How? Sorry, I'm genuinely intrigued as to what their journey would be! Across the Dartford Crossing? Into London and back out?

Seriously please do think about getting home from practices / clubs after school on a cold wet November night. Another thing is local friends, one of my DS's happens to be in a year group where most of his friends are in Tunbridge Wells which sometimes seems a hundred miles away from us in Sevenoaks, on the other hand the other DS'S friends are more local.