Skinners/TWGSB Sports Question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
freddad

Skinners/TWGSB Sports Question

Post by freddad »

Hi, my son got 390 and from what people have said I think it might be enough to get him to Skinners. We previously only looked at TWBGS. We did not really think about Skinners as an option but we are now (bit late but only just realised that the score might be ok). My son is very sporty, especially likes playing hockey and plays for a local club. Are there are any Skinners parents on here who could tell me whether they play much hockey. It's not really mentioned much on their website. We have only recently moved down to Kent and don't know any other parents (there was only two boys in his class who took 11+ and the other boy wants to go to Judd). Thanks!
frangipani

Re: Skinners/TWGSB Sports Question

Post by frangipani »

http://www.skinners-school.co.uk/genera ... -fixtures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hockey is listed on the above page as one of the major sports on offer.

Also, if you google 'skinners school hockey', you can find details of some of this years matches.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I've got two very sporty boys at Skinners' as soon as they get back I'll ask them about the hockey, but I know they've both definitely played it.

Please pm me if you want to ask anything about this fantastic school.
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

I have a Y8 boy at Skinners, he has never played Hockey at all and has not even picked up a Hockey stick at Skinners.
doodles

Post by doodles »

There's a hockey club - my year 8 lad did it last year in year 7 and is doing it again this year. After Christmas I seem to remember that they can opt for hockey during games lessons - am waiting for my yr 11 to come back from Iceland :shock: to confirm that one.
anotherworriedmum

That is very odd, how come they don't all play Hockey? My son plays rugby a lot but has had no involvement in Hockey at all during PE. He did not play in primary school either, I wonder if its only available for those who can actually play already.
doodles

Post by doodles »

No awm neither of my boys have played before either. After Christmas there are fewer rugby fixtures so they get to opt for something else for the games afternoon if they want to. Hockey club is open to all year 8 and is after school on Mondays - other year groups are different days.

This is what my DS is telling me at least :? Hope I've got the games option bit right - mine have always carried on with rugby - but I do know that I collect him from club on Monday afternoons!! :lol:
Optymum

Post by Optymum »

TWGSB do hockey as part of lessons, along with football, rugby, basketball, tennis, athletics and cricket. Lots of choice!
anotherworriedmum

Ohh its very odd Doodles I have interrogated him and he denies all knowledge of Hockey in PE. He knows there is a Hockey Club Monday night, so your boys aren't lying to you and sneaking to McDonalds, but definitely no Hockey outside of the Club in his form.

What is the betting that he does Hockey in PE on Monday when they go back to school :lol: :lol:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Probably!! Perhaps he's been doing climbing or something instead, there's definitely a huge range on offer.

And at least mine aren't sneaking off to RVP for a sneaky big Mac!!!! :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now