Kent Grammar School Applications from overseas

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Marco1966

Kent Grammar School Applications from overseas

Post by Marco1966 »

I hope someone will be able to help us answer a few basic questions regarding the application process given our circumstances. We are a British family living in Asia and plan to return to the UK sometime in early 2016. Our Oldest daughter is already in UK boarding school. We would like to apply to grammar school for our youngest who is currently in Year 5.
When we apply do we need an address in Kent or can we apply with an overseas address? We also have an address in Surrey but do not currently live there. Would that one suffice? We feel the grammar schools in Kent offer us a better opportunity than the Surrey ones. Also our eldest daughter is in Caterham, so very close to Kent.
We will spend a few months of the summer in the UK to prepare our daughter for the test with tutors etc. However, she has already started preparation at her current British International School Phuket and also with us at home.
Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.
We are using mainly Bond practice books at the moment….are there any others are are more suited to the Kent 11+?
Will she have to sit separate tests for the various schools or just 1 test for all the Kent grammars?
Thanks, Mark
yoyo123

Re: Kent Grammar School Applications from overseas

Post by yoyo123 »

Have a look at this page

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... nt-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

as a starting point, there is a link to the best practice materials for Kent.

The best people to contact for information about advice about address etc is Kent County Council admissions. They are very helpful.

http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-ch ... ool-places" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

I'm sorry, Marco1966: I had not noticed this question from you when I started a new thread this evening on the Kent Test for September 2015. Please look at that and click on the link to see the latest information from Kent County Council concerning both the Test and admissions procedure more generally.

I think you will find most of the information you need, including regarding any residency requirements, although please note that the document still needs final Council sign-off. I suggest you treat it as a final draft.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now