Accuracy of GL tests to real thing.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SoppyBee

Accuracy of GL tests to real thing.

Post by SoppyBee »

I just wanted to ask people with experience of the Kent test how close to the real thing are the GL assessment test papers? My DS seems to be doing well but how is this an indication on how he is prepared for the real thing I am unsure.
northkentparent

Re: Accuracy of GL tests to real thing.

Post by northkentparent »

SoppyBee wrote:I just wanted to ask people with experience of the Kent test how close to the real thing are the GL assessment test papers? My DS seems to be doing well but how is this an indication on how he is prepared for the real thing I am unsure.

Hi-
My two children took the Kent Test in 2014 and 2015- and I've captured the scores from their GL sample papers (English, Maths and Reasoning- NVR&VR) and the results that they each achieved in each of the papers within the 11+ itself.

I've PMed the info to you- I hope they are useful. Give me a shout if you have any further questions.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

DD sat in 2015 her experience was the Kent test questions were easier but more pressured on time.
justwondering

Post by justwondering »

I have the same query
How close is the GL Assessment test papers to the real thing, My DD doing the Plymouth Test
I have to say paper 5 to 8 was a bit of a shock to her system
it was not hard ...rather needed a calm disposition,,threw her off
Any tips would be great
feeling overwhlemed
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now