what happens when you go on waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

salsa

Re: what happens when you go on waiting lists

Post by salsa »

I think we got the post the following day.
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

salsa wrote:I think we got the post the following day.
Will give KCC a call to find out if any different this year and will let the forum know :)
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Villagedad wrote:
salsa wrote:I think we got the post the following day.
Will give KCC a call to find out if any different this year and will let the forum know :)
Just heard from KCC. The letters are posted first class on Wed 22nd April, so should reach parents on the 23rd. Also the notice doesn’t go out any other way.
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Does anyone know typically, in the past, how many places become available between 1st and 2nd round allocation at skinners?

NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

The lady I spoke to today said 9 places had not been taken up so I guess there will be at least 9 if that helps
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

NoBigDeal1 wrote:The lady I spoke to today said 9 places had not been taken up so I guess there will be at least 9 if that helps
Thanks NBD1

I wonder how many people who scored a few marks off the Skinners 364 cut off will have put their DS's on the waiting list for the 2nd round allocation..? 100%, 50%, less.., any guesses? :?
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

We live ooc and have just had an email saying my son has been offered boys grammar off the waiting list but no mention of skinners.we got 359, what did you get? I feel like it must have been a no and must be pretty far down. Really not sure why we have had email before Wednesday either!
salsa

Post by salsa »

NoBigDeal1 wrote:We live ooc and have just had an email saying my son has been offered boys grammar off the waiting list but no mention of skinners.we got 359, what did you get? I feel like it must have been a no and must be pretty far down. Really not sure why we have had email before Wednesday either!
Wow! What grammar is this? I thought you were only targeting Skinners? Are you pleased? Have you told your son? I remember you had your doubts.
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

I really don't know what we are doing!was nice news it was twbgs but I think my child still wants Bennett.he is at athletics so will need to chat when he gets back.put skinners first on waiting list form ,knew it was a long shot but my son wanted it as his first choice on form.looks like that's a no but we will wait and see
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

Thanks for all your knowledge salsa you seem to know slot!where is your child off to?