When doing practice papers what % should we be aiming at

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Last1973

When doing practice papers what % should we be aiming at

Post by Last1973 »

Hi
We are doing practice papers for kent test and I wondered what sort of % or correct answers should we be looking for if dd will be 10 and 11 months when she takes test
Thanks from a confused mum x
NoBigDeal1

Re: When doing practice papers what % should we be aiming at

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

I am sure I read somewhere once it was quite high like 85/90% but my son never got this we were always between 70-75% and he passed with 359.
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

It is so hard to predict as the actual papers were quite different from the practice papers last year.
English was very easy and the pass mark was around 65%.
Maths was hard with lots of questions and very few finished - the pass mark was less than 50%.
Reasoning was 55-60% I think.

At this stage, I wouldn't worry too much about scores and just focus on practice.
I would say that if they can get 50% right untimed at this stage, that's probably on track.

I assume you are aiming for just a pass and not a super-selective score?
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

NoBigDeal1 wrote:I am sure I read somewhere once it was quite high like 85/90% but my son never got this we were always between 70-75% and he passed with 359.
I think that would be for a maximum score not a pass and was probably based on the old style papers which were quite different.
I don't think you would need to get anywhere near that for a pass on the current papers.
Last1973

Post by Last1973 »

PurpleDog wrote:It is so hard to predict as the actual papers were quite different from the practice papers last year.
English was very easy and the pass mark was around 65%.
Maths was hard with lots of questions and very few finished - the pass mark was less than 50%.
Reasoning was 55-60% I think.

At this stage, I wouldn't worry too much about scores and just focus on practice.
I would say that if they can get 50% right untimed at this stage, that's probably on track.

I assume you are aiming for just a pass and not a super-selective score?

Thanks great info
Yes just a pass is what we are aiming for.
We did a practice English gl paper yesterday and got 70% so we are on track that's great to hear.
Just gotta keep it up
Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now