Kent test dates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PurpleDog

Re: Kent test dates

Post by PurpleDog »

I have often thought the tests would be much better before the summer holidays - less time for cramming and let the kids have a break over the summer.

I can't imagine they would do it with so little notice though - that would be moving the goalposts too far.
doodles

Post by doodles »

They've had considerable date changes before. The year before eldest DS took the test it was in January and then for him it was September. Can't remember how much notice we were given though, would have thought it would have been at least a year.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Wish I could remember how much notice there was. There should be an old thread on this section. It was before the days of surprises in eleven plus tests being considered a great thing though.

Has anyone written to kcc to ask them what is gong on. Those of you with dates in your calendar, did you get thee dates from anywhere official or as it guesswork based on last year?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I can't remember where I saw it, but I wrote it down with 'confirmed' rather than 'tbc', so it must've been somewhere official. Looking at some of the school pages they refer to the dates we've been mentioning e.g http://www.highworth.kent.sch.uk/10/admissions-7-11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last1973

Post by Last1973 »

I have just emailed kcc to ask what's going on, I wonder if they will have any answers??
Last1973

Post by Last1973 »

Here is the reply from kcc

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the statement on the website should have originally said April and not March. When we noticed this error last week it was updated.

There are no plans to change the month of testing, please refer to the website at the end of this month for the full details.
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

doodles wrote:
mystery wrote:It can't be much different from last year can it? Oh, maybe it is going to be before the summer holiday to stop people practising. :wink:
Naughty, naughty Mystery :D :D if the Chronicle headline tomorrow is "Shock Date Change" I'll know where I read it first :D :D :wink: :wink:
I was actually hoping for this to happen last year!! :D
Before the summer hols would have been perfect for us.

Maybe they will change it sometime in the future.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

The Kent test dates of 10 & 12 September 2015 are given in the proposed scheme for coordinated arrangements.

https://shareweb.kent.gov.uk/Documents/ ... 202016.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

doodles wrote:They've had considerable date changes before. The year before eldest DS took the test it was in January and then for him it was September. Can't remember how much notice we were given though, would have thought it would have been at least a year.
From memory, the new dates were announced in April that year. I may not be recollecting correctly.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

All as expected http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-ch ... /kent-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 10th Sept in County, 12th Sept OOC.