Skinners starters Sept 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NoBigDeal1

Re: Skinners starters Sept 2015

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

I now think because i am stressing about in so much maybe I know deep down its not a good idea, but I also feel it could be the making of him
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

NoBigDeal1 wrote:I now think because i am stressing about in so much maybe I know deep down its not a good idea, but I also feel it could be the making of him
I think one of the biggest benefits of grammars and esp skinners are the DS's peer group.., so I feel you are right with the comment "I also feel it could be the making of him" :D
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

I got my email from the school this morning - although the clickable link doesn't seem to be working...anyone else?!
Optymum

Post by Optymum »

I have also been unsuccessful in opening the link! I was so excited too!!
Who is going to be brave and let them know!
It all seems very real now! Glad I booked a day off for the induction day. Maybe a coffee in Bean is an idea for mums/ dads after we leave them in the morning?!
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

I have emailed them to ask! Is that brave?!
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

Oh and coffee at Bean sounds like a lovely idea.
whichwaytogo

Post by whichwaytogo »

My link worked, so if you guys don't get it to work, I can always post any info you need. Tbh most of the key dates were in the e-mail rather than the link. The link is to school info, e.g. arrival times, lunch, policies etc. Coffee at Bean after drop off sounds a great idea :D
Mumof2boyskent

Post by Mumof2boyskent »

I emailed them too when the link didn't work and they sent through the document later, hopefully to everyone!

Now the SATS are over we can get excited about residential trips, induction days and new school uniform!
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Anyone have any information on the four Houses of Atwell, Hunt, Knott and Sebastian, e.g. background, comments from the boys or other info?
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

Congratulations to all of you with boys going to Skinners'!

My DS is in Year 5 but I did attend an Open Morning at Skinners' last October and the headmaster made it very clear the school was considering introducing a fifth House to reflect the change to five permanent forms of entry.

Villagedad, do you know whether a decision has been made to keep to only four Houses?