Skinners starters Sept 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mumof2boyskent

Re: Skinners starters Sept 2015

Post by Mumof2boyskent »

My DS is a new starter too, apparently there is a good supply of second hand blazers available from the school for those that have quick growing DS's at £95 a pop new it may be a good option for some!

I was worried that I had missed the induction pack email too, kept checking in my junk mail just in case, so good to hear they are coming out this week.

Such an exciting time for them all, scary too, but they are all in the same boat, bring it on!
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

I know people might not want to say but what SAT levels are your sons predicted.we were 5b maths 5c writing and 5b comprehension.all the kids at our school going to skinners are doing level 6 apart from us.just feel a bit worried whether DS will cope or be poles apart from everyone else.Any replies gratefully received.
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

Just because they are doing the Level 6 papers doesn't mean that they will get it!! My son is taking all of the Level 6 papers but the school have said if any of them get it, it's a massive bonus. Your son's levels look fine - and he has a place, so he's earned the right to be there. :D
FortyNinePence

Post by FortyNinePence »

edited
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

Why have you been edited!!
FortyNinePence

Post by FortyNinePence »

I edited it myself sorry didn't know how to delete it!
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

My son is at Skinners in Year 8, he was level 5 across the board when he left primary school. He says that despite what you might think there is a broad range of academic ability at Skinners. Although there are some very bright children there are also some who left year 6 with level 4s. Don't forget that even the new 11 plus is a rather blunt tool for assessing academic ability and some children pass the exam quite well as they perform well under test conditions. My son has not struggled at Skinners at all and is the sort of top of the middle sets. Please don't worry.
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

Thanks so much for that.right just going to go for it with confidence and enjoy it.That was such a great message to receive x
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

Ok, just made the mistake of seeing his teacher.said maths is his strong point 5a cusp of level 6. Said science 5 but English low 5c/4a! Think he was saying boys grammar would not be such a struggle and he will have to work incredibly hard at skinners. Feel though he might be lost a bit at boys grammar and might come along better at skinners because he wants to go and pastoral care seems so good.what do I do now?
salsa

Post by salsa »

5a Maths, congratulations to your son! Many boys are lower in English. I get the impression that your boy's school have never believed in him much!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now