Skinners starters Sept 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Villagedad

Re: Skinners starters Sept 2015

Post by Villagedad »

Skinners Connect seems to be working well, are your DSs posting on there?
:D
Optymum

Post by Optymum »

We cannot seem to get on. It says incorrect user name. Any ideas anyone? DS would like to access it!
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Optymum wrote:We cannot seem to get on. It says incorrect user name. Any ideas anyone? DS would like to access it!
I contacted the school and they emailed me the log on details straight away :)
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

We had problems too - but realised that on the sticker in the book, the middle line with the name (i.e. adam.smith) is the username and the password is the four number code.....hope that helps! We were trying adam.smith 1234 as the username and creating a password - which obviously didn't work.
Optymum

Post by Optymum »

Ahh, thanks Panic mode. We will try the tomorrow maybe. Busy night tonight with a dislocated knee cap for older DS!
whichwaytogo

Post by whichwaytogo »

Hi. Any one signed up for the Squid Card for paying for lunch. I managed to do it, but it's not very clear how you get the card…. I e-mailed Squid but haven't heard back. I don't remember entering my address, so I wonder if they send them to school for the first day? Just don't want DS in the lunch queue not able to pay on the first day!
doodles

Post by doodles »

They collect them at school along with their bus passes (if you've applied for one). Beware the squid balance will go down pretty quickly at first but what most boys don't realise is that parents can monitor what they are spending it on!!

Both of mine moved over to packed lunches and use squid for the "I've run out of bread days"
whichwaytogo

Post by whichwaytogo »

Hi Doodles, that's really helpful, thanks very much. :)
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

Ouch Optymum - that sounds horribly painful! Hope it's not going to affect holidays too much...

DS has spent the first (week)day of the holidays researching his submarine/deep sea project - he's a bit keen!
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

Hi, my son is in 7 red and very excited.Does anyone know do we need a PE bag remember seeing massive ones around the school,where do we get one.Thanks