Skinners starters Sept 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Re: Skinners starters Sept 2015

Post by doodles »

The big bags you saw were probably games or cricket bags - the latter can be enormous!

I'm pretty sure yr 7 games is on Fridays and for that they need rugby kit unless told otherwise. For PE it's just the white shorts, socks, trainers and the rather unattractive house coloured running vest. My lads have a relatively cheap kit bag from somewhere like Sports Direct for games but have always found something smaller for PE - nothing in particular just whatever is lying around at home, maybe a small rucksack or one of those drawstring nylon thingys.
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

Can anyone help with the mouthguards - having a non-sporty son, we've not had to do this before. Can anyone advise whether the bog standard, clear one without the antimicrobial stuff will be ok - or does everyone have patterned, all singing, all dancing ones? I don't want him to feel left out if everyone else has 'funky' ones, but equally don't want to spend more than necessary on something that he probably won't need beyond compulsory rugby playing time!

Also, probably a really daft question, but do they wear their Skinners' kit for the rugby induction on Monday 31st or just normal PE stuff with rugby boots?! Again, don't want to be the 'odd one out' either way!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Boil and bite mouth guards from the sports shop are fine, honestly the boys don't notice whose got what.

The rugby induction day has always been rugby kit in the past. He can always take his PE kit and change at Southfields if necessary.
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

Brilliant, thanks Doodles, that's really helpful.
whichwaytogo

Post by whichwaytogo »

Could I ask a rugby related question too.... I bought my son the long sleeved "traditional" type of rugby shirt from Simmonds but I also bought a short sleeve one from the PTA shop.... as it will likely be warm on the Monday, could he wear that shot sleeve one or
would he be the odd one out? I did have a nasty thought that it might be for team players only too, and I don't want to be too presumptuous at this stage!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Sorry, not sure about this one as the short sleeved shirt only came in when ds1 was in yr9 and so ds2 had a hand-me down to wear. :?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Help for friend please, what time is the rugby on 31st - hope this makes sense! - she's lost the details.
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

Depends which class they are in - some are in the morning, some the afternoon!
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

From the email:

Pre-season Rugby Sessions

On Monday 31st August we will be holding a pre-season rugby session for the new Year 7 boys. This will allow us to pre-screen the boys before they have their first rugby lesson. This pre-screening will take no consideration of prior experience; it is aimed at identifying early potential. It will also have no bearing on your son’s development and will not exclude him from any teams in Year 7. Whilst not compulsory, we recommend attendance for social as well as sporting reasons.

The first session will run from 10.00am to 12.00 for any boys going into 7Blue, 7Green and those boys with surnames beginning with the letters A to K in 7Red. The second session will run from 1.30pm to 3.00pm and will be for those with surnames beginning with L to Z in 7Red and all those in 7White and 7Yellow.
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

Do we just drop them off or do we stay, does anybody know?Also when do they tell them which team they are in
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now