Skinners starters Sept 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Re: Skinners starters Sept 2015

Post by doodles »

Good luck to all your lads for tomorrow and onwards. I hope that they all have a great time and enjoy themselves at Skinners'.
Optymum

Post by Optymum »

Hi Everyone, Best wishes to all the boys for tomorrow. Doodles, you may know, I was just wondering, do they need money for the DT apron tomorrow, or do we need to get it ourselves from the school as parents? Also, is there a specific calculator the school recommends, and if so, do we buy it through the school?
Suddenly it is very real!!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Don't need to buy a DT apron ds2 tells me the school provide them - he'll be yr9. We've always bought our own calculators but apparently you can buy them at school and they'll be told which one they need.
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Hi all. Our DS gave Skinners a 10 out of 10 for last week, even with 5 pieces of homework :D !

Hope everyone's DSs enjoyed and that this week is as good as last week :)
whichwaytogo

Post by whichwaytogo »

So have we all survived the 1st full week? My son is enjoying it, but is losing things all over the place. But the school seem pretty understanding that the first week of yr 7 is very chaotic. Rugby has been more popular with my son than expected, so we'll see how that goes. Lets hope its a bit of a rest for all over the weekend :)
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

Mine is loving it - even the Latin homework was tackled with relish! He said it's brilliant having teachers who really know and care about their subject and being with other children who really want to learn and be challenged.

I don't think rugby will ever be his 'thing' but he's trying his best to be enthusiastic about it...touch wood, he's not lost anything yet, but it's only a matter of time! He's shattered though.

Is anyone going to the new parent's drinks evening? Am having to come alone as my husband is away on business. It seems to be done in houses, not forms?! Any other Hunt parents out there?
Optymum

Post by Optymum »

DS feeling more settled now, having got over 'The case of the disappearing rucksack' earlier in the week! He is enjoying the rugby and is keen to do rugby club on Monday. The difficulty is getting home later in the day. Does anyone else have a DS coming back to Sevenoaks after the club? I think he will need to get a bus to Tonbridge station, followed by a train to Sevenoaks. He is a bit nervous, and if there are a few boys, it may not seem so bad!
doodles

Post by doodles »

There is a 402 bus which comes through to Sevenoaks. He can catch it at the bus stop on the main road just by cost cutter, it's an Arriva and comes at about 5.20 or so (you'll need to check)

There's usually a whole crowd of skinners boys there heading towards Sevenoaks.
Optymum

Post by Optymum »

Thanks Doodles. I did check Traveline as I remember when DS1 did a club at TWGSB he got a 402 about that time. Unfortunately, the 402 now seems to be at about 6 o clock, which is slightly late, and a bit long to hang around really. I think we will look out the bus/ train option, and hope other boys are doing the same!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Gosh that's very late, 5.20pm was just about right for a club ending at 5pm.

I've pm'd you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now