Mayfield Grammar..has anyone had their appeal?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jayzee1

Mayfield Grammar..has anyone had their appeal?

Post by jayzee1 »

Hello

Has anyone had their appeal for this school yet?
Any information re panel and questions etc most appreciated. I understand all cases are different but any insight is helpful.

Thank you
jayzee1

Re: Mayfield Grammar..has anyone had their appeal?

Post by jayzee1 »

I won mine for my dd! Thanks to all for the advice on here and people who I have been in touch with via pm..x
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Huge congrats, so pleased for you and your DD :D
jayzee1

Post by jayzee1 »

Thank you so much Twinkles.....thanks for all the help you gave xx
Last1973

Post by Last1973 »

We are looking at mayfield on Wednesday. Can you tell me abit about the school please.
Thanks
Colmans

Post by Colmans »

Congrats Jayzee

Could you explain what the appeal process was like and what it involved, what they asked etc?
jayzee1

Post by jayzee1 »

Thanks Colmans...tbh they didn't ask much....how did dd feel about not passing....books currently reading.....impressed with dd levels of 5b ( started in sept with 1 level 3a and rest were level 4s) now in such a short space of time....commended her hard work and dedication...asked about hearing impairment etc....was she tutored.....I presented my case and then summing up ....really lovely panel of 1 lady and 2 men. Was over in about 25 mins and they put me at ease and listened to all my points. Mayfield Presenting officer was really kind too and helped my nerves. I felt it was stressful leading up to the appeal but the actual appeal was not as bad as I had expected it to be. Would do it all again as dd over the moon and to miss 5 marks is worth appealing for in my opinion. Just started my next dd on her 11 plus journey too...she sits it Sept 2016...thankfully though she is near level 5 in everything already in year 4....Mayfield had 46 appeals this year I was told. Xx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now