English writing titles

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
susanass

English writing titles

Post by susanass »

I am in the process of preparing my ds for the writing task. Does anyone have any previous titles used in Kent in previous tests? I can this way get an idea as to what they ask on the day please. Also, any tips would be great! thanks
yoyo123

Re: English writing titles

Post by yoyo123 »

Not sure about the titles, but include several types of punctuation, start sentences in different ways, complex sentences and rich vocabulary.
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

Dd sat the Kent test last year, The topic she chose for her creative writing was " The Creature."
She can't recall the other options sorry!
susanass

Post by susanass »

Thank you for your replies, it's something to work with. Don't want to waste much time on this but want him to be a bit prepared at least. If anyone does know anymore titles from last year that would be great. thanks
salsa

Post by salsa »

Please remember that the essay is only read if the child has not passed the test AND their headmaster decides to appeal. I would spend more time in preparing for the other parts of the test. Having said that, my son really enjoys writing, so we did spend a fair bit of time on this. He did very well on his SATs as a result and was very pleased about that.
Here is an old thread about it and if you search there is an even older one with a list of subjects.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ay#p108377" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
salsa

Post by salsa »

You can also have a look at this one. It's quite old, but it will give you an idea.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ing+topics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
susanass

Post by susanass »

Thank you Salsa! Very helpful, will take a look now.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Pleasure :D