Kent Test 2015 Raw pass marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
northkentparent

Re: Kent Test 2015 Raw pass marks

Post by northkentparent »

bala977 wrote:
northkentparent wrote:Hi- I've had both my children take the 11+ over the past 2 years- and the back to back experience has been.......taxing :!:
The discussions and topics raised on this site have been very beneficial to me- so thankyou all for your help and advice (even if I've been a silent follower over these past 2 years).
I've home-tutored both, and with all the knowledge/experience attained I am keen to help others through the process- what pitfalls to avoid (eg: paper 1 of the NVR GL Assessment Practice Papers! :shock: ) and the techniques I found useful. Where is the best place to share my experiences?

Coincidentally, both my children got exactly the same standardised result (both also have the same relative age at the time of the exam of 10yrs and 3 months)- and so provide a little guidance on the evolution of the marking scheme over the 2 years.
I've provided the raw score and then the standardised score:

2014 Kent Test exam- Child 1:
Reasoning: 75/80 (141)
Maths: 23/30 (132)
English: 22/24 (127)

2015 Kent Test exam- Child 2:
Reasoning: 67/80 (138)
Maths: 24/25 (141)
English: 19/24 (121)
Wow. This is amazing and full credits to you.

My DS will be taking the Kent exams in Sept 2016 and I will greatly appreciate your success formula. Is there a way you an share it with me? I don't believe in hiring tutors as (a) I have the ability and time to teach DS and (b) I know his wave length and can teach things fast as I know exactly what examples to give. Still under lot of peer pressure to hire tutors, so want to hear your story.

Many thanks for your time.
(Sorry for the delay) With last year's 11 plus fading from memory, I've put together my experiences in a little blog posting- I don't think posting external URLs is allowed here- but if you PM me I will forward on the address.
jayzee1

Re: Kent Test 2015 Raw pass marks

Post by jayzee1 »

northkentparent wrote:
bala977 wrote:
northkentparent wrote:Hi- I've had both my children take the 11+ over the past 2 years- and the back to back experience has been.......taxing :!:
The discussions and topics raised on this site have been very beneficial to me- so thankyou all for your help and advice (even if I've been a silent follower over these past 2 years).
I've home-tutored both, and with all the knowledge/experience attained I am keen to help others through the process- what pitfalls to avoid (eg: paper 1 of the NVR GL Assessment Practice Papers! :shock: ) and the techniques I found useful. Where is the best place to share my experiences?

Coincidentally, both my children got exactly the same standardised result (both also have the same relative age at the time of the exam of 10yrs and 3 months)- and so provide a little guidance on the evolution of the marking scheme over the 2 years.
I've provided the raw score and then the standardised score:

2014 Kent Test exam- Child 1:
Reasoning: 75/80 (141)
Maths: 23/30 (132)
English: 22/24 (127)

2015 Kent Test exam- Child 2:
Reasoning: 67/80 (138)
Maths: 24/25 (141)
English: 19/24 (121)
Wow. This is amazing and full credits to you.

My DS will be taking the Kent exams in Sept 2016 and I will greatly appreciate your success formula. Is there a way you an share it with me? I don't believe in hiring tutors as (a) I have the ability and time to teach DS and (b) I know his wave length and can teach things fast as I know exactly what examples to give. Still under lot of peer pressure to hire tutors, so want to hear your story.

Many thanks for your time.
(Sorry for the delay) With last year's 11 plus fading from memory, I've put together my experiences in a little blog posting- I don't think posting external URLs is allowed here- but if you PM me I will forward on the address.
Hi could you pm me please dd taking test Sept many thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now