Test Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dwisdom

Test Results

Post by dwisdom »

Is it true these have arrived in the school?
PanicMode

Re: Test Results

Post by PanicMode »

very possibly - I remember it was quite early last year, in order to allow for HT appeals before the results are published.
Last1973

Post by Last1973 »

Oh wow really. That makes it really real now. Why can't we know now too
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Already? We are still in September. I am more scared now than I was before DS sat the exam.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Last1973 wrote:Oh wow really. That makes it really real now. Why can't we know now too
If you knew now, then those who failed and whose headteachers are appealing would have to know too. Only your headteacher knows. You can engage in all that "face analysis" when you next see him/her!

The tests get marked by computer in a matter of hours, I'm told.
Maddiebean

Post by Maddiebean »

No, the schools don't have them yet but should do by the end of the week. Headteachers' appeals will be done early next week.
alonso14

Post by alonso14 »

They are definitely in schools today.......headteacher appeals will be heard next wed and thurs
Last1973

Post by Last1973 »

How does head teacher appeals work. Do they get a choice on who to appeal for or is it purely their own decision.
Maddiebean

Post by Maddiebean »

The headteacher decides who to appeal for. They will only appeal if they feel that the child has not represented themselves fairly eg they are v good at maths in class, have good sats/cats scores but have narrowly missed passing the maths paper (whilst passing the others). Also if there's an exceptional circumstance during/immediately before the test etc. They won't appeal unless they have evidence (eg data or work in books) to support their appeal. Parents won't even necessarily know if their child passed due to a head teacher's appeal. It seems to be a process shrouded in mystery but actually I think it's a good thing because it actually gives the school (who presumably knows the child's educational ability better than anyone) a voice - albeit a largely unsuccessful one!
Teamgb2012

Post by Teamgb2012 »

Books have been collected at DC's school this week. I assume in preparation for any appeals!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now