Kent English Essay

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lb

Kent English Essay

Post by lb »

If the English writing exercise is only looked at if you appeal, is it compulsory?

My son is from the Bexley area and so will be taking all the tests on the same day and I was just wondering if he could sit this one out.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Is your son going to do the Kent practice tests on 5 Jan? My son has done the Bexley tests too - Kent is "plan B" which I hope we don't have to resort to. I'm trying to find ways of reducing the strain of having to sit all Kent exams in one go, but everyone else on this forum seems to think sitting the practice tests is a good idea. I think my son probaby won't do them as he's doing tests for an independent school (plan C!) the day before the real Kent tests. Missing out the writing test is an interesting option!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

As far as I know the English is compulsory. It may only be looked at in case of a borderline pass, but it is still useful.

I only really have knowledge of the Kent bit if Kent. If in doubt you could try ringing KCC at Maidstone, they will be able to tell you more about out of "county" candidates.

This 3 way split of Kent is very strange!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Hi lb, my daughter will be sitting the Kent test in Jan at her Kent school and she will not be given any practice papers anyway!
I would really consider whether or not it is vital he sits these, you don't want him to burn out. Wouldn't it be better to run though the VR/Non VR/Maths papers at home?
My daughter sat the Medway test in November and only practiced at home and at tutor and was fine.
Good luck! :)