11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
salsa

Re: Second round offers?

Post by salsa »

Congratulations! I'm happy for you.
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

Congratulations, Mehere, to you and your DD!
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

Congratulations as well !!

But please any other parents with 2 offers or undecided please contact the school and local council to release the place that you no longer require as like ourselves we are still waiting and its torturous !!
soulful

Post by soulful »

[quote="Mehere"]We have received an offer for WOK. I felt so happy when the post arrived.

Thank you to those who quickly released places at schools no longer required, it is appreciated by those who are waiting.

For those of you still waiting, hang in there, I know its not easy but there is still movement after second round allocation.

Congratulations, Mehere!

You can relax now! :D
amfnc

Post by amfnc »

Update from my friend re Wilmington Boys, they're hearing over 100 appeals over the coming weeks, likelihood of places coming avail are very slim :( Just thought I'd post in case others are waiting to hear.
AppealsOverload

Post by AppealsOverload »

amfnc wrote:Update from my friend re Wilmington Boys, they're hearing over 100 appeals over the coming weeks, likelihood of places coming avail are very slim :( Just thought I'd post in case others are waiting to hear.

Yes you are right and the entire waiting list for Wilmington Boys went on hold as of yesterday and will not be reopened until after all appeals have been heard and decisions have been made.
catcool

Post by catcool »

They are not supposed to do that . The appeal process is separate to the waiting and runs in tandem.
Naughty .
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

They are not supposed to do that ! But how can you challenge it ? Especially when other parents are on waiting lists at other schools and are hoping that places come up and filter down.
catcool

Post by catcool »

Write and complain to governors if they are an own admission authority if La school write to admissions team at Kent .

Bring it up at appeal hearing with panel .If they have stopped making offers from W/l and are under pan then they are not full and the panel would need to check at end of all appeals as to how many places accepted .

So if pan 240 and they have further 4 declined ie now at 236 the panel would need to uphold at stage one at least 4 cases before there is prejudice.

#If you get no joy from admissions or panel then complain to Local Government Ombudsmen or EFA if an Academy
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

AppealsOverload wrote:
amfnc wrote:Update from my friend re Wilmington Boys, they're hearing over 100 appeals over the coming weeks, likelihood of places coming avail are very slim :( Just thought I'd post in case others are waiting to hear.

Yes you are right and the entire waiting list for Wilmington Boys went on hold as of yesterday and will not be reopened until after all appeals have been heard and decisions have been made.
Who actually gave you this piece of information? Was it Kent CC or the school? As others have stated, this is not the way that the system is meant to work - schools are not allowed to hold places back in case they are forced to take children through appeal. (Is this the same area where a poster stated that there is no stage 1, they are just told that there are x places up for grabs? I don't understand that :? ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now