Schools in Sevenoaks and Tonbridge area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mayfair321

Re: Schools in Sevenoaks and Tonbridge area

Post by Mayfair321 »

Thanks Mehere that's good to know, although the journey would be quite long from Orpington!
tag30

Re: Schools in Sevenoaks and Tonbridge area

Post by tag30 »

I was in a similar position. My daughter sat bexley and Kent and failed both. Until 3 weeks ago we lived in new Eltham. We have since moved to paddock wood having secured a place at hillview school for girls prior to moving. They had vacancies so we got a place without having an address. Locally it has a good rep and the results are better than our previous local secondaries plus it's performing arts and my daughter loves dance! We've visited the school and are really happy with what we've seen so far.
They often seem to have vacancies due to the large number of good schools in this part of Kent rather than a reflection of their popularity. Therefore you may want to wait until the test results before deciding on a move? However, some of the grammars in west Kent are super selective and others get taken up in the first rounds so if your dd passed and you didn't have an address by the cut off of December, she may not get a place. Some parents I have spoken to in paddock wood have told me the grammars children get into from here are mainly maidstone based which being only 5 miles or so from tonbridge/Tunbridge wells demonstrates the competition for spaces. Feel free to pm me if you have any q's
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now