Weald Girls Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PurpleDog

Re: Weald Girls Grammar

Post by PurpleDog »

bengalmum wrote:Hello everyone,

I have been to Weald today with my daughter and we loved the school. We live near Lingfield in Surrey. My daughter got a score of 369 which i don't think is going to be enough for an OOC place at TGS. I'm concerned that if i put TGS and Weald, then a third comp local to us, we may not get offered either grammar place and then not get our third choice school. This could potentially mean she ends up at a pretty awful school in Horley - so the complete opposite end of the spectrum and a total disaster.

With regards to naming schools on the SCAF im sure i read somewhere that the schools aren't made aware of whether they were 1st or 2nd preference. Why do they urge you to put them as first option?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as in Surrey we don't really have many going for the Kent Test so not really anyone to discuss this with!

Thanks so much. :D
We were in exactly the same position as you, except that we put only grammar on our form and got offered a school miles away because our local schools were full.
I think you need to look carefully at your realistic chance of getting a place at your chosen schools and make sure you put at least one school you have a realistic chance of that you would be happy with.
We were lucky that we got a place at Weald from the waiting list but we were prepared to appeal if necessary. Good Luck.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now